Gransnet forums

Chat

A bit of nice news from Scotland

(20 Posts)
Bags Mon 04-Feb-13 07:53:41

Marie Osmond singing Paper Roses with Kilmarnock fans smile

Blowin' a hoolie where I am. Off to the orthodontist with DD. 'Slater, dudes. [handwavingemoticon]

Bez Mon 04-Feb-13 08:01:29

That was a nice start to the week Bags - thank you. flowers

gracesmum Mon 04-Feb-13 13:48:18

Anything is better than thinking about the rugby! Typical for Scotland to play well for once only for England to play better sad

gillybob Mon 04-Feb-13 14:02:16

Love it Bags Thank you. I wanted to be Marie Osmond when I was young. Only to be close to Donny you understand! grin

Bags Mon 04-Feb-13 14:21:28

gillybob grin. I wasn't really an Osmond fan. I just thought this singing at Kilmarnock was lovely. People look so happy.

Greatnan Tue 05-Feb-13 07:46:55

Gillybob - are you sure your feeling for Donny would have been appropriate for a sister? smile

Galen Tue 05-Feb-13 08:26:50

grin

gracesmum Sat 09-Feb-13 16:56:08

Yes! Result! Floreat Scotiasmile

annodomini Sat 09-Feb-13 17:43:38

Indeed, gracesmum! Haven't enjoyed a rugby match so much for a long time. But I'm not very impressed with the one (France/Wales) I'm watching now - hard graft but few flashes of brilliance.

JessM Sun 10-Feb-13 11:33:59

Well done Scotland. 6 nations has rarely been so unpredictable. Except that now I don/t think France will win. It was a slog though to get a Welsh win. Bit of vengeance for the world cup semi. grin

soop Sun 10-Feb-13 12:34:36

What a gem of a match. I was leaping around like the mad thing I am...and Mr soop and Rory joined in. Congrats! A well-deserved victory. flowers

gracesmum Sun 10-Feb-13 12:36:27

All it needs now is for Ireland to win today and it's a Celtic whitewash!!

soop Sun 10-Feb-13 12:49:16

Bring it on, gracesmum smile

JessM Sun 10-Feb-13 16:46:28

Ireland seems to have elected a genuine twinkly leprechaun as president. Run out of women to stand? Is the chap behind him his civil partner? grin

gracesmum Sun 10-Feb-13 17:15:23

grin
Brutal match I thought , in appalling conditions.

annodomini Sun 10-Feb-13 17:27:07

Messy, wasn't it? England have now found a successor to Wilkinson. Where would they have been without Farrell?

HUNTERF Sun 10-Feb-13 17:44:55

Every time I have been to Scotland it has just poured with rain.
My dog was born in Scotland and has never been back.
He probably knew what he was doing when he came to England.
I supose I should take him to see his country of birth again at some point but he seems happy to holiday in England or Wales.

Frank

annodomini Sun 10-Feb-13 17:54:39

I'm sure my fellow countrypeople are devastated that you no longer wish to honour them with your presence, Frank.

HUNTERF Sun 10-Feb-13 18:02:16

Hi annodomini

I will come up for a week with my cairn terrior dog and spend some money in Scotland if you can guarantee it will not rain.
I will need a hotel which will take scottish dogs.

Frank

gracesmum Sun 10-Feb-13 18:17:22

But of what relevance is this, Frank? Today's match was played in Dublin which is in Ireland.
I assume you are merely being flippant when you say you will grace Scotland with your presence if fine weather can be guaranteed. If you are looking for a hotel which takes dogs, that should not pose a problem. I hardly think it is necessary to specify the nationality of the dog.