Chat

New Members

(21 Posts)
numberplease Mon 11-Feb-13 23:13:53

And from me too!

pinkprincess Mon 11-Feb-13 22:30:07

Welcome all new members!

Galen Mon 11-Feb-13 17:34:18

Do take it that you are not of the male gender?
It is the male that determines the sex.
There are a few so called lethal gene combinations that are sex linked. Haemophilia is one, but these are rare.

HUNTERF Mon 11-Feb-13 17:12:50

Hi Forzanonna

My daughter has not told me if it a girl or a boy. If it is a boy it will be the first one born to blood relatives in our family for over 50 years.
The main thing is my daughters and granddaughters ( and son's in law) are now in good health.
I met my doctor in a coffee shop a few months ago and he called me over to his table.
He said there is no official medical reason why a boy should not be born at some point but he did wonder if there was something in our family stopping boys.

Yes it was sad to lose my father but he was nearly 90 and was in reasonably good health to the end.
He never suffered with anything like dementia.

Frank

Forzanonna Mon 11-Feb-13 17:09:23

thanks kittylester, only too happy to be greeted more than once! I'm still trying to get a handle on names so you may have done!

kittylester Mon 11-Feb-13 16:50:30

Hi positivepam, I seem to have missed you elsewhere but I hope you enjoy your times on GN.

Forzanonna welcome - I've spotted you around so I may have said 'hi' before - sorry if I'm repeating myself - as positivepam said, it's an age thing smile

Forzanonna Mon 11-Feb-13 16:43:29

Hi HunterF - sorry to hear you lost your father recently - it's always difficult to lose a parent - no matter your age. Enjoy your grandchildren - do you know if the next one is another grand daughter or maybe a boy this time?

positivepam Mon 11-Feb-13 16:31:38

Hi everyone, I joined a few weeks ago, cant remember exactly when(must be my age)and it took a little while to pluck up the courage to post, but I so enjoyed reading many of your views on so many subjects and I liked the fact you can have different views. I have five grandchildren, two granddaughters and three grandsons and I really love being a granny. Being a mum, on the otherhand can sometimes be quite challenging as I have seen that many of you have also found. You seem to spend most of the time when they are little wishing they would grow up and when they have you spend a lot of the time wishing they hadn't! Or is that just me ha ha?
And thank you all so much fo such a warm welcome, I am looking forward to getting to know you all. I think I heard about gransnet via a google search, but i'm not sure(age again ha ha).confused

glammanana Sat 09-Feb-13 08:38:52

welcome to all our new members enjoy posting.smile

HUNTERF Fri 08-Feb-13 23:36:49

Hi Forzanonna

I am a grandad with 3 granddaughters but my wife passed away before any of our grandchildren were born. Another one is on the way in March.
My father only passed away in 2012.
I do love my family but it does not seem right I think because my father outlived my wife.
I supose I have still got to adjust from having my father around till early last year and almost being the boy even though I had daughters and granddaughters at that point.

Frank

harrigran Fri 08-Feb-13 23:22:14

Welcome to all newcomers smile

Forzanonna Fri 08-Feb-13 22:34:17

Thank you all for your welcome - I've been here almost a week now. Found GN through Mumsnet, which, although I'm a mum, I thought was probably aimed at younger people than me, then I found GN which seems just about right. We have one grandson who's 2 and a half and another on the way in April I love being a Granny, just wasn't prepared for the feeling when he was born and looking forward to the next, little brother for No1. Our son got married last year so maybe we'll have some more grandchildren in the future. Interesting topics, hope to be able to join in with some.

petallus Fri 08-Feb-13 20:37:36

Yes, welcome!

Marelli Fri 08-Feb-13 20:25:18

And it's 'hello' from me, too smile

Ariadne Fri 08-Feb-13 20:21:17

Hello, everyone! smile

Galen Fri 08-Feb-13 19:55:34

And big little old me smile

Anne58 Fri 08-Feb-13 19:38:09

yes, welcome indeed! Take the time to tell us a little bit about yourselves, and how you came to Gransnet!

(I think HQ like to know how new members found GN, as it can be quite helpful with regard to marketing etc, but could be wrong, often am!)

Lilygran Fri 08-Feb-13 19:27:21

Hear, hear.smile

annodomini Fri 08-Feb-13 19:24:00

And from me. smile

kittylester Fri 08-Feb-13 19:18:18

Well said Butty -welcome from me too! smile

Butty Fri 08-Feb-13 19:16:54

I've noticed many new members on GN in the past couple of days, so I'd just like to say Welcome to you all.