Gransnet forums

Chat

Not sure where to go!

(22 Posts)
harrigran Sun 03-Mar-13 23:44:13

Welcome JustMe flowers

glammanana Sun 03-Mar-13 14:04:46

Welcome JustMe and enjoy ! I am preceeded by "Its only Me" when ever I pop in anywhere and they all seem to know who I am confused

annodomini Sun 03-Mar-13 11:52:27

My sister and I are 'only me' - to each other, or else it could be confusing.

JustMe Sun 03-Mar-13 11:44:49

Yes, thinking about it... I say that too 'It's Just Me!' Or... 'Helloooooooo' said exactly how it's spelt!
Thanks for the welcome. smile

numberplease Sat 02-Mar-13 18:33:03

Hello JustMe, and welcome.

kittylester Sat 02-Mar-13 18:00:05

Hi justme I thought you could be me as that's what I say on the phone to my children! Welcome and enjoy smile

JustMe Sat 02-Mar-13 16:34:08

Thank you... great to be here!

Love the name Merlotgran (I like a glass or two myself!). Grannyactivist, one daughter is now proper work and is settled 2-3 hours away from here, and the other is in her final year at Uni and plans to find a certain type of job and that could be anywhere... so they are still 'around' but no, not really here.

merlotgran Sat 02-Mar-13 16:26:50

Welcome, JustMe. Hope you enjoy Gransnet. There's always plenty going on.

grannyactivist Sat 02-Mar-13 16:21:49

JustMe, are your children still at home, or have they moved away?

Grannyknot Sat 02-Mar-13 16:11:30

I'm also a granny ... er, not. Welcome!

Galen Sat 02-Mar-13 15:44:48

Wellcomesmile

JustMe Sat 02-Mar-13 15:30:51

What a lovely warm welcome, thank you everyone! No I don't think I'm your sis, grannactivist as mine really are in their 20's! I will be drawn in I can tell, and I'm glad I can contribute without having GC's. I just sort of feel that I am in a different phase of my life now that my children are making their way in the world (hopefully!)

Right... off for more poking about! Thanks all.

sunflowersuffolk Sat 02-Mar-13 15:25:40

Hello Justme, and welcome from another "not a Gran yet" but looking forward to them eventually appearing.

Marelli Sat 02-Mar-13 14:23:17

Hello JustMe, pleased to meet you. smile

grannyactivist Sat 02-Mar-13 13:41:25

I have a sister who always announces herself as JustMe, so for a second there I did wonder........, but no, her children aren't quite in their twenties yet. grin
I warn you now, we're a community that sort of draws you in - possibly to the detriment of other things you might once have thought more important. Be prepared to waste spend hours on here. wink

yogagran Sat 02-Mar-13 13:32:10

Welcome JustMe - enjoy your poking around on GN, I'm sure you'll enjoy being here. Love the name btw!

annodomini Sat 02-Mar-13 13:17:03

No problem, JustMe. We have/have had non-grans on here and the vast number of forums they can take part in far outweighs the ones about grandchildren and daughters-in-law!

Movedalot Sat 02-Mar-13 13:15:45

Hi JustMe Not everyone on here is a granparent so you will not be alone. Welcome, join in and see what you think of us.

Mishap Sat 02-Mar-13 13:11:46

Poke about to your heart's content and welcome!!

JustMe Sat 02-Mar-13 13:04:27

Thank you!

Yes, I shall be all ears. I can't imagine it, wonderful though I am sure it is!

gillybob Sat 02-Mar-13 12:57:54

Welcome to GN JustMe smile

Perhaps you can pick up some good tips for when your time comes! grin

JustMe Sat 02-Mar-13 12:54:07

Hi, I've just joined and wanted to say hello somewhere and wasn't sure where!

I need to confess, I am not a Gran but I do have children who are in their 20's so it's only a matter of time! I hope that doesn't matter that I'm posting here and not on mumsnet where I used to post when the kids were younger and now I feel like a fish out of water because I am OLD (compared to those on there!) and rearing children is a bit different now as to how I used to do it. I think when I eventually have GC I might have to butt out!

Anyway, the sun is shining, I shall have a poke about on here and I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday with lots of brew and cupcake and later on wine. Cheers!