Gransnet forums

Chat

Doctor Who

(5 Posts)
Joan Sat 13-Apr-13 08:26:26

I've always enjoyed Doctor Who, ever since it started when I was 18 in 1963. Anyway, there's a convention in Brisbane tomorrow called Lords of Time, all about Doctor Who, with 4 actors who've played The Doctor in the past, and a few other people, such as the voice of K9, talks, photos, presentations, even a costume competition (No. I'm not dressing up as a Dalek!!)

I've never been to owt like that before, so I'm looking forward to having a fun day. Two friends are going with me, Elisabeth and Shirley. I've known Elisabeth about 30 years, and Shirley ruins our writers' group that I've been in for a couple of years. This sort of thing is new to them too.

I'll post a review of it all on Monday!

shysal Sat 13-Apr-13 08:56:52

I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Last week on Radio 4 (UK), The Reunion featured some of the original cast, it was a good listen!
I have dipped in and out of Dr. Who over the years, as a teenager, with my children, and with grandchildren. I must say it is more difficult to understand the plot these days -or is it my poor attention span?

shysal Sat 13-Apr-13 09:00:21

Joan. Am I right in thinking there is a typo, and that Shirley does not 'ruin' your writers' group? grin

Joan Sat 13-Apr-13 09:37:51

Oh gawd, yes - Shirl RUNS our writers' group!

Tegan Sat 13-Apr-13 10:20:09

I had an internet chum who used to write for Dr Who and have this amazing recording of an early prototype for a series [it's so bad it's good]. It makes me so sad that he died a few years ago when Dr Who had become so popular again. As for myself, the one I always think back to is The Toymaker. I agree, I don't understand what's going on, but I find that with a lot of things, so I just let it wash over me. Have fun, Joan!