cathy Wed 24-Apr-13 09:49:19

Crime is down

youtu.be/mKY4XeylxVc

kittylester Wed 24-Apr-13 09:52:35

But, the perception of crime isn't sad

cathy Wed 24-Apr-13 11:48:36

?? Please explain K, thank you smile

Stansgran Wed 24-Apr-13 11:53:34

Probably because it isn't. It's just not reported as much because its not worth it .just had bbc Newcastle on . Made depressing listening. Petty crime is the norm.

kittylester Wed 24-Apr-13 13:18:01

What ever the figures actually say, and whether you believe them or not, the fear of crime is alive and well so people live in fear of crime happening to them.

absent Wed 24-Apr-13 13:20:35

Violent crime is down. I don't think there has been a recent comment about non-violent crime. Down is good but how high did it start?

cathy Wed 24-Apr-13 13:55:16

K yes that's true but it is good news that crime, due to better policing and cameras everywhere is lessening as it means that it is less likely to happen.

kittylester Wed 24-Apr-13 13:59:19

I agree it's a good thing Cathy but it has to filter through so people feel better and don't live in fear.

cathy Wed 24-Apr-13 14:06:42

When my sister was full of fear after moving to a new scary area I told her not to be afraid but to be angry if anyone tried to mug her.

My Dad who usually drives everywhere(he has passed now) wanted to walk instead of taking the car one day but he got tired and decided to waite at a bus stop for a bus, as he waited a man tried to go down his pockets, my Dad was very angry, turned around and bashed the man til he ran off, he wasn't having it!!

Not saying to tackle any kind of burglar is a good thing as it can be very dangerous but my Dad did not want to be a victim.

Where I live can be a bit, well lets say you do need to be aware of your surroundings, but I never ever want to live in fear.