Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Wed 22-May-13 08:21:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Cooler here in brackley but still feels wintry.
Mick

Galen Wed 22-May-13 08:39:18

Grey cool here as well. I'm off to work. Catch up later.

PRINTMISS Wed 22-May-13 08:49:36

I think the sun is trying to shine, but still grey here on the coast. Off to mark for a friends' competition in bowls this morning, then playing this p.m. I am shattered after changing bedrooms yesterday, so do not hold out too much hope of being the player of the day this afternoon! Enjoy your day, everyone.

glammanana Wed 22-May-13 08:50:15

Good morning to everyone,a bit overcast here to-day but not so cold I might do a bit of weeding and tidy up the front garden now the rain has stopped.

Gally Wed 22-May-13 09:08:10

Sunny blue skies here but very cool and breezy. Returned from my travels yesterday in the deep south with the usual croaky voice and sniffles thanks to the snotty-nosed grandsons : I don't remember my children being constantly afflicted with germs? hmm

Ella46 Wed 22-May-13 09:33:07

Quite chilly and gloomy here in Cheshire despite the forecast being for a sunshine day.
Off to see Startrek this afternoon, so the sun will probably be out when I'm inside!
grin

Bez Wed 22-May-13 09:37:27

Good morning- dull and cloudy here too so far. This weather seems to be a Europe wide thing too - France is experiencing the worst May for fifty years.

Butty Wed 22-May-13 10:05:21

Blustery, sunny and a cloud-scudding morning - fresh and bright after days of rain. Lovely. smile
I hope the long walk I've just had has blown away the remains of my cold.

glassortwo Wed 22-May-13 10:11:46

Morning all, I have a couple of lines of bed linen out, but how long the rain clouds will hold off I dont know, they are having a good blow, please stay off a little longer. sunshine

dustyangel Wed 22-May-13 10:43:21

Morning everyone, the sun just might be here to stay. Yesterday started off bright but soon clouded over with a cold wind.
If it gets warmer here it might waft up to the UK for you. The locals say it's changing but I think it could just be because they are fed up with it as well.

harrigran Wed 22-May-13 10:55:18

Grey here but at least it is dry. I am going to leave the house today and do some shopping, I have forgotten what fresh air smells like.
I know what you mean Gally about the snotty noses, my children never had a fraction of the bugs that GDs have.

soop Wed 22-May-13 10:56:56

A beautiful, sunny, blustery day in bonnie Kintyre. White caps on the waves. Sea is bright teal green. Have posted paintings of Lucy the cat to Butty. sunshine smile

kittylester Wed 22-May-13 11:09:55

Overcast in Sussex but at least it's not raining!!

Sook Wed 22-May-13 11:32:04

Dull and grey to start with, but at the moment the sky has enough blue to make a sailor a pair of trousers so, it might turn out fine this afternoon.

We are off to a Teddy Bears picnic with DGD this afternoon at the school she will be starting in September what a nice way to get to know everyone. smile

FlicketyB Wed 22-May-13 15:37:42

I was out for my morning walk at 6.45 this morning. As I went up the hill on to the down I could hear larks in the sky, not one but several and there singing accompanied me all the way along my walk until I descended back to the village.

also saw a hare lolloping across one field, resting in tall grass beside the footpath, and then lolloping off across the field the other side. Stopping and sitting up to survey the scene then bounding on his way.

numberplease Wed 22-May-13 16:09:38

Good afternoon from Boston. The weather still hasn`t made it`s mind up, to be sunny or dull, it keeps trying both. Doesn`t feel as warm today.