Gransnet forums

Chat

Oops! bad mummy

(7 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 03-Jun-13 18:54:15

Thankfully the comb over has gone for good. I now cut DH's hair with the dog clippers. grin

Nelliemoser Mon 03-Jun-13 17:57:31

Merlot Either very brave or very foolhardy of you! grin

Comb overs do look worse that bald patches. I don't mind bald patches at all. My DH used wear his hair the same style as his dad until I bullied him into having it close cropped. Its white now but he looks so much younger.

merlotgran Mon 03-Jun-13 17:27:46

Many years ago DH used to go to a barber who favoured the comb-over. I used to protest loudly that his receding hairline would look much better if all his hair was cut short like Sean Connery as he was beginning to look like Arthur Scargill shock

DH didn't agree with me so one night I waited until he was fast asleep and cut the dratted long bits off. DH refused to change barbers and hid his spiky new hairstyle under a tweed cap so instead of Arthur Scargill I ended up with Fred Dibnah. hmm

ninathenana Mon 03-Jun-13 17:10:02

shysal that's what I suggested but the rely was "No, leave it!"

shysal Mon 03-Jun-13 17:06:34

Woops! He should have let you shave the lot to match. It'll soon grow.

grannyactivist Mon 03-Jun-13 17:04:03

Uh oh! Always had a fear of doing something like that. Still, look on the bright side; you won't have to do it again! grin

ninathenana Mon 03-Jun-13 17:02:15

I have been giving my DS (22) and DH hair cuts for a few years now without problems. Nothing fancy just a #2 all over. Did DS just now and noticed a few ends. I forgot to put the #2 guard back on shock shock he now has a patch at the front shorter than the rest.

For some reason he won't let me at it again grin