I sang carols at Dobbies this morning. I think it is a bit early for Santa to appear but the lady who asked us to sing there was so anxious to get a group together (she works there) that I went, and enjoyed it all in spite of not agreeing to it in principal.
Feeling rite proud of myself. Have graduated to the 20metre target and upgraded to a 25ib bow! I'm now shooting with grown ups. Over 50beginners today, getting very popular! Looking to buying my own bow! Gazing longingly at a carbon fibre elite+ in blue! (Has to be blue for me!)
I have been collecting for the Phillipine disaster outside the local Morrisons, with other Rotarians. People have been incredibly generous, and there were lots of comments about how lucky we really are, even if some of us don't have much. It was a very pleasant experience, and I had lots of good chats too!
Now the knee is complaining, but so what? I have medicines, a warm house, food, and am off to have a hot bath.
Me too Tegan especially John's Spirit (The OG is John and I usually bet on meaningful names rather than studying the form like sensible people!). I bet P.N. is no fun to be around, but I do feel sorry for Harry Derham, he nearly threw himself over the line never mind the horse!
Today I've been NOT having bets on several horses that I picked out that were running at Cheltenham and Uttoxeter, the last one of which won at 40/1. Had I done an accumulator bet I would have been booking my world cruise now. Don't know whether to laugh or cry .
getting prepared for DD & SIL , who will be arriving any minute now , with a green Thai curry they have prepared for Mr N"s birthday . We are going to have a lovely evening together . Champagne to toast the "birthday boy" then nice wine to follow , red I think as it goes with curry better .
Thanks GA. They already have colds and I am helping backstage at the ballet show, so lots of exposure to germs! Nice to be here though, after a very smooth crossing.
GA last time I had the lingering cough I found that a saline nasal spray/wash really helped. It shifted the catarrh that causes the cough for me. I am sitting at the ferry port waiting to board. Am going to England to see my DD and DGDs so I know I will have a cold soon.....
Got a nasty cold and have started coughing with it (I'm trying not to panic at the thought of having another lingering cough). In the last month my daughter's had a burst appendix, I've had a severe infection, my mother in law has been ill, my grandson has had pneumonia.......and I'm so thankful for the NHS because whatever its faults I shudder to think where we'd be without it.
To all the north east gransnetters if you can make it to Durham for the Lumiere festival do go. I've just come back and it was wonderful. Plenty of shops open and restaurants doing well. Certainly not as crowded as two years ago.much better stewarded although the one on Palace Green got on my nerves shouting for people to move forward. The weather was cold but sharp and good humoured crowds and plenty of cafés offered stalls with hot drinks. You need a ticket between 4.30 and 7.30 and I think there are none left but after 7.30 you can walk in. I think they did the ticketing so children could be taken in. Durham at its best. Still on on Sat. and Sun.
I spent the day with DH driving my DD around car dealers in her city to look at a replacement car. She had only had 2 hrs sleep after a night shift. A suitable good deal was found, hopefully. The poor lass looked dreadfully tired by the end of the day. I only saw a little of DGS who is 13mnths. His dad was looking after him. He was very smiley but still a bit shy at first but now he is old enough to recognise us. He has become very cuddly. What I really missed was not being able to really cuddle him properly. My "mended" shoulder is still painful. l can't pick him up and since I have been using my left arm more I can feel that shoulder is going the same way. I am sorry about the bout of self pity here. I am no good at feeling decrepit and useless. It's just getting to me at the moment.
That's a lovely part of Fife, though never thought it could be so dangerous! GA, I hope the wee fellow feels better and starts running you all ragged again soon.
Ariadne & GA Hope the wee fella is soon on the mend. What a worry for you all. Today I met up with Grandmanorm and Marelli for coffee and a disgustingly enormous, unhealthy cake which we walked off on a lovely walk, in beautiful weather, to see a wood craftsman in a forest north of Falkland. On the way we just missed being decapitated by a falling tree Ooh we do see life here out in the sticks!
He was premature Tegan, so I suspect that his asthma will be long-term. This is his third bout of pneumonia in less than two years and he is also prone to other chest problems, but he's a livewire and usually full of beans so it's easy to tell when something is wrong and so seek help quickly.