Now, don't faint from shock, my friends, but I have just done a bit of ironing! Usually, I pay DG1 to do it, but this was my absolutely favourite jacket - River Island, pure cotton, white with deep blue flowers. So, I washed it, then thought I'd iron it, with the trousers etc that I wear with it.
Ironed beautifully, but as I was doing the sleeves, I was reminded of my mother, a fanatical ironer ( underpants, socks, anything that looked creased - she'd have ironed my father given half a chance) Anyway, as a new wife of very tender years, she decided that I needed to learn how to iron shirts "properly". And this involved making sure that there never any crease down the side of the sleeves. It involved a rolled up towel. She, of course, had a special little sleeve board.
At the time I thought "Sod this!" Pleased to report, 48 years later, that my reaction remains the same.
(my knees are playing up today, which is why I'm enjoying GN even more than usual!)