Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Tuesday

(18 Posts)
PRINTMISS Tue 24-Sep-13 08:31:10

Good morning everyone, hope you settled in yesterday Mick and had a good sleep last night. The weather here looks set fine for the day, so the washing is on the line, and the lunch ready to cook and I am off to play 'roll-up' at bowls this morning. Just had an estimate for our fuel bill, which is way off track. I have been trying to get in touch with them for ages about their mis-reading in July. I get fed up with people not doing their job properly. Moan for the day finished. Hope you all have a good day to look forward to

Oldgreymare Tue 24-Sep-13 08:38:40

Washing ready to go out but it's still misty here.
Note to self: Stop picking blackberries, freezer now full of fruit!
Welcome to your new abode, Mick.

liminetta Tue 24-Sep-13 08:40:13

Good morning, PRINTMISS. The weather here in the North West is dull but dry.Still in bed typing this.Must make an effort to get up now.Gosh you,ve ben busy already! Putting me to shame.Have a great bowling day.smile

liminetta Tue 24-Sep-13 08:44:36

Oops; didnt see your post, Oldgreymare, Good morning to you too.And Mick Ive got loads of damsons to cook this week. And someone has given me 10lbs of baking apples.GOT to get out of this bed![sinshine]

liminetta Tue 24-Sep-13 08:46:03

Oopsagain! I mean sunshine

gracesmum Tue 24-Sep-13 08:50:56

sinshine sounds much more decadent tho!grin

Oldgreymare Tue 24-Sep-13 08:52:21

Sorry to you too, liminetta..... good morning!
I made damson jelly with some wild damsons, sadly it's my least successful jam/jelly of the season. The jelly is a 'loose' set, I did reboil a couple of jarsful only to get a thick sticky goo!!!! Good luck!

Oldgreymare Tue 24-Sep-13 08:54:41

Mornin' gracesmum

celebgran Tue 24-Sep-13 09:15:43

Late morning start! Despite my good results did not sleep well we went to our folk dancing and our friends came back for coffee which was lovely they watched footage of our son tv appearances maybe got overtired off acquacise at 10 we going try carvery to tonight as oh nt work today

Happy Tuesday to you all.

Nelliemoser Tue 24-Sep-13 09:24:03

Good morning all! Its almost sunny in Cheshire the mist is clearing.
I also have a freezer stuffed with fruit. Three jars of Damson gin marinating nicely and Blackberries,Gooseberries, and Damsons to make into Jam. I having problems with my right shoulder and stirring things is painful.

Today I am making DGS's 1st birthday cake for his party on Sunday. he is one on F
riday.

annodomini Tue 24-Sep-13 09:30:17

Not 'almost', but very sunny here a bit further north than you Nellie. My younger GD is 11 today. Where has the time gone?

Lona Tue 24-Sep-13 10:20:13

OGM You're confused? No, it's Mick who's confused, he started the other thread but has "lost" Monday! grin

dustyangel Tue 24-Sep-13 10:57:25

Good morning everyone, I haven't got that far down the threads yet so I'll stick with the confused ones.
It is still grey here and SiL must be confused as well, he's being lying outside reading since 7.30 hoping for the sun to come out.
I've been wondering why our figs never got completely ripe on the tree and blaming the shepherd's goats. Last night my 75 year old neighbour walked by with his dogs and I caught him scrumping. grin

J52 Tue 24-Sep-13 16:45:51

A little late for the morning, but we have been waiting all day. DGD number2 born this afternoon. Soooooo excited. X

Gorki Tue 24-Sep-13 16:50:27

Congratulations J52 flowers. You have happy times ahead.

J52 Tue 24-Sep-13 16:52:41

Thank you Gorki. Can't visit till tomorrow as it was c section and mother in recovery, can't wait. X

harrigran Tue 24-Sep-13 17:49:41

Congratulations J52 flowers

liminetta Wed 25-Sep-13 00:32:42

sooooo happy for you [j52].I remember the feeling so well when my GD was bornSo wonderful,.......!