Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(12 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Oct-13 07:12:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking bright outside here in Brackley, move wise still settling in and getting used to place, still odd bits to sort.
Mick

Galen Tue 01-Oct-13 07:23:42

Deep depression in Black Sea. Can't get into Nessebar. So proceeding to Istanbul. Seen the last of the nice weather I'm afraid!sad

PRINTMISS Tue 01-Oct-13 07:29:11

WHITE RABBITS! Good morning everyone, a bit dull here, hope it brightens up a little, need to do some more garden tidying. Managed to get all the wood we had stored for the Amberley trains to the Museum yesterday, and had a guided tour of the rail-works there. The Print shop where I volunteer is at the start of the Museum trail, and the train engine shop at the end, so I never really get there, it was interesting. No visitors, Museum closed Monday and Tuesday. Glad you are settling in Mick. I am tempted to say 'have a nice day' but that is so yuk these days, so have a nice day everyone.

Bez Tue 01-Oct-13 07:46:23

Good morning all. Lovely and sunny here this morning - got some washing ready to go out. Going to market this morning with a friend while her DH assists my DH in the radical pruning of a tree! Have fun.

tiggypiro Tue 01-Oct-13 09:10:22

Morning all. Lovely and sunny in North Yorkshire but must get off here and go and make some damson jam and hopefully my CHRISTMAS CAKE ! What a swot I am (not)- just feel in the mood !

Lona Tue 01-Oct-13 09:49:06

Good morning! Not very exciting here, it's dull and a bit windy.
I'm feeling very pleased with myself as yesterday I almost completed my LPA (power of attorney) and got half of it signed!

It's been on the dining table for about 6 weeks!

It's not that it was difficult, but the threats of "If this isn't done correctly you will be shot at dawn" made it a bit nerve wracking.

kittylester Tue 01-Oct-13 10:00:42

Good morning all. Pinch punch!!

Dull and overcast in North Leicestershire - tell you what, assume it's always dull and overcast here and I let you know if it changes grin

Didn't get to see Mum yesterday as the carpet cleaning man took ages so that's my job for this morning but I have ordered my C*******s cards on line. Just hope I remember where I've put them when it's time to write them. I'm so organised (not) that I've already ordered the named captain's chair that we buy each grandchild for their first C*******s, for Persie. Now I have to order another for Lottie.

Having done those few things I will probably think I'm all organised and only start to think about it again on 20th December! shock

Hope you all have a lovely day! sunshine

Penstemmon Tue 01-Oct-13 10:05:45

Morning All! Oveercast here in Surrey but with a hint that it might clear!

Good start to the day when the postman brought me an invitation to a wedding of a lovely couple. So pleased they found each other! smile

AlieOxon Tue 01-Oct-13 10:12:26

Just brightening up here.
Woke late as I had been awake in the night, but got enough. However the cat complained.

Having a visitor later who I hope to introduce to the computer. As she's already interested in family history, she has a good incentive to start!

dustyangel Tue 01-Oct-13 12:14:24

Good morning all. We've had heavy rain and been in the clouds all weekend, but it's clear now. Well not actually clear, very heavy grey clouds but at least I can see across the garden! Had to go to Faro yesterday and forgot that everyone seems to go to the shopping mall in bad weather. Must have heard at least seven different languages.
After a look in Decathalon for wellies (no luck) we headed home and could see the cloud in a flat line cutting off all the hilltops.

annodomini Tue 01-Oct-13 16:42:02

Good afternoon - I've bought and planted some bulbs today. But I need to get some more and a bag or two of compost, for a decent display in the spring. My favourite is a very dark tulip - Queen of the Night - which looks good with a white one of similar height.

AlieOxon Tue 01-Oct-13 17:14:23

My visitor has gone away saying she is thinking of taking a computer course. Good!
- taking various printed sheets of info on her family..
And my head is full of her family members.....eek!