Gransnet forums

Chat

If I had a pebble.......

(10 Posts)
gracesmum Mon 21-Oct-13 15:42:06

If I put a pebble in a jar every time I empty or stack the dishwasher and took one out every time DH does likewise, I would have a very full jar very quickly. If I had a pebble every time I ring my old (now widowed) schoolfriend in Scotland (when we usually chat for over an hour) and took one away every time she rang me....well, what do you think? If I had pebble every time DH takes the recycling all the way out to the bags/boxes in the garage as opposed to leaving them in the utility room pointing hopefully garagewards..........etc etc etc.

Do you have "pebbles" in your life?

petallus Mon 21-Oct-13 15:45:24

gracesmum I really like the pebble in a jar idea as a way of keeping a record of certain bones of contention in our household.

Doing the washing up, putting shoes away and tidying up after cooking would be three jars I could start off straight away. grin

goldengirl Mon 21-Oct-13 17:27:52

What a good idea! I wonder where I can find enough jars - and I'd need a visit to the seaside to collect all the pebbles......wink

shysal Mon 21-Oct-13 17:51:20

Working on the same principle, it used to be said that if you put a pea in a jar for every time you made love in the first year of marriage and took one out each time thereafter you would always be left with peas.

absent Mon 21-Oct-13 18:33:28

Cleaning the loo, cleaning the bathroom, actually, come to think of it, cleaning anywhere without being asked.

ffinnochio Mon 21-Oct-13 18:56:08

I've got a whole beach - but I happen to love beaches. I'm quite sure there's another beach somewhere that has my name on it.

Stansgran Mon 21-Oct-13 21:25:28

I use the corks from the wine we drink. Pebbles should be left on the beach as in you're not the only pebble on the beach.

gillybob Mon 21-Oct-13 21:34:18

I use the "pebble in the jar" as a reward scheme for my grandchildren. Well technically they are pieces of beautifully coloured sea glass (collected from the beach opposite) but the method is the same. They love to see their glass "jewels" mounting up and feel genuinely sad when one is taken out. It is very tempting to start another jar for DH but I know the grandchildren would take pity on poor grandad and sneak some of theirs into his which defeats the object.

POGS Mon 21-Oct-13 22:04:06

Put my glasses down and can't find them.

Said I was going to cut down on the Bicardi.

Was the only one to refill the toilet roll cupboard or changed the towels and tea towels.

Said I was going to start a diet on Monday. grin

FlicketyB Tue 22-Oct-13 09:37:06

Putting things away. Not just leaving them on top of/beside/under the place they belong