Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(14 Posts)
rosesarered Fri 01-Nov-13 12:38:51

Grey weather here [near Oxford England] in fact just started raining, but it is the 1st November [did you all remember to say 'white rabbits' 3 times?]This is done on every 1st day of every month [though only by slighly deranged people.] Although I do it as well [oh dear.] grin
It's half term here, so my Grandson is coming in an hour or two to stay overnight.

Bez Fri 01-Nov-13 12:27:29

Good morning from a grey and windy North America - I am near to Detroit. Yesterday was extremely wet but eased off and stopped during the Trick or treating time - here they have rules - only allowed between the hours of 6-8pm and no knocking on houses without a porch light on. My DIL estimates about 100 trick or treaters came here - all in fancy dress and good fun.
Not sure what today will bring yet - DGS going to school soon but DS and DIL have both taken time off.
Hope your days go well and also there is good news about Carol.

Hannoona Fri 01-Nov-13 11:55:28

Its a lovely friday here in Muscat and the weather is now such that we can switch AC's off, open windows, and venture out into the garden or go for a picnic.

I had all of the children in for a brunch today and Im now going out to do my daughters shopping for her. She was quite sniffly today so her sister has taken the children, Im doing her monthly shop, and hopefully she's now in bed.

merlotgran Fri 01-Nov-13 10:18:19

Good morning. Clouding over in Cambridgeshire. Would prefer to stay home and close to the laptop but have to go out searching for a new kitchen sink and taps. We have no hot water at the moment but thankfully the shower and washing machine are not affected.

AlieOxon Fri 01-Nov-13 09:52:49

Oh dear, I don't want November.
Still heard nothing about my neighbour's nasty comment on Saturday (see 'am I being unreasonable' thread!)

Cloudy but not all that grey here.
I have to tidy up, as builder is supposed to be coming tomorrow re my gutters, and the side passage is full of plants which will have to go back to the greenhouse for now - most of that can be done on Monday by my gardener man, but there are a lot of things which have been blown around outside - and which I have been ignoring!

Got woken up by noisy bin men.

Lona Fri 01-Nov-13 09:06:28

Morning all, it's just a still, dull day here.
I need to get my act together as I'm feeling rather weepy and anxious. Is it the time of year?

Maybe some retail therapy will help!

Hope we hear some good news today.

glassortwo Fri 01-Nov-13 08:38:22

Good morning sun is shining here in the North East, its is going to be a good one I can feel it in my water we will have news today.
Going out with DD and the DGC visit to dentist for them, then off to lunch for an early celebration for DD 30th tomorrow. sunshine

Stansgran Fri 01-Nov-13 08:36:35

Grey and dull in Geneva

gracesmum Fri 01-Nov-13 08:12:02

Good morning - welcome November! Do you know Thomas Hood's poem? Seems apt for this grey morning. Hoping so much for good news.

BAnanas Fri 01-Nov-13 08:05:35

Ditto cloudy and grey, flash of green from parakeets perched in oak tree outside our window, we have a colony of them in our area, a couple escaped a few years ago and now there are loads of them. I think they have adapted to our climate over the years.

Hoping for some good news regarding Greatnan.

moomin Fri 01-Nov-13 08:04:57

Clear with blue-ish sky here in Northumberland - hope it lasts

gratefulgran54 Fri 01-Nov-13 07:35:41

Morning all, grey and damp in the SE again.
A day of cleaning and baking today, ready for visitors tomorrow.
Later on will be 2 or so hours of respite with a pupil, followed by several hours babysitting for a family in the village.
Going to be a loooong day smile

kittylester Fri 01-Nov-13 07:08:41

Good morning all!

Grey over my part of the East Midlands again.

I'm off to court this morning and hope for some positive news of Greatnan when I get back.

12Michael Fri 01-Nov-13 06:57:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Weather looks grey over Brackley this morning.
Mick