Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-Nov-13 07:17:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking llike a mixed weather day today here in Brackley.
Foecast as sen on TV last night next week looks more wintery.
Mick

Brendawymms Thu 14-Nov-13 07:38:57

Dry and bright in East Sussex. The dog has been with us most of the night having been frightened senseless by the carbon dioxide alarm bAttery in the kitchen failing making the thing beep. He tried to get inside me he was so frightened!

Bellasnana Thu 14-Nov-13 07:44:16

Good morning to all. Lovely sunny day here in Malta but my heart is heavy. One of my daughter's friends had a tragic accident at work yesterday and we just heard he didn't make it. Only 27 years old - so sad sad

kittylester Thu 14-Nov-13 08:01:04

Quite bright in North Leicestershire but I bet it's nippy.

Sainsbury's again today - comes round far too quickly.

Then to lunch with a couple of friends - I really feel in need of a good girly lunch. wine

AlieOxon Thu 14-Nov-13 08:01:48

Hi all, morning.
Heavy day today, I have an appointment at the Nuffield Hospital about my back. Half an hours drive and untold time to wait around....and I am suspecting that my back pain is connected with colitis. No doctors have said this of course.

This aft I am supposed to be running a family history meeting (U3A) and hope I get back in time! It will get covered if not, but hope it goes ok.....
Bit tired and depressed at present, don't want to go out!
Cheers everyone.

Forzanonna Thu 14-Nov-13 08:27:53

Might just be a nice day here close to Glasgow. Took this week off work to do "stuff" in the house - so far very little done but hey ho!! (blush)

Forzanonna Thu 14-Nov-13 08:29:44

Oops first post from my phone and apparently can't do right type of brackets for smileys!

PRINTMISS Thu 14-Nov-13 08:32:03

Good morning to you all, bright and breezy here on the south coast. Such a sad happening Bellasnana and sorry you feel so tired and depressed Alie, times like this is when it is good to get on here and tell everyone, writing things down sometimes helps. We had a new bed delivered yesterday, and it is soooooooo comfortable, can't believe it. Freezer part of fridge freezer fails to freeze down, so man coming to look at that today, and washing on because hopefully the wind will help it dry. Enjoy your days

AlieOxon Thu 14-Nov-13 08:35:45

Yes it does help printmiss - especially when there is a response - thanks. Must get going, as I have to leave by 9......

berdie Thu 14-Nov-13 08:40:41

Morning all, its a lovely day here in Bradford. Just the sort of day to put my GD in her pram, and go for a brisk walk. Ah well, roll on next September, then retirement, back to work. Have a good day. smile

BAnanas Thu 14-Nov-13 09:08:30

Lovely sunny day here, hope it lasts we are off to Sussex later.

kittylester Thu 14-Nov-13 09:22:46

My post above looks as though I ignored Bellasnana's post. I didn't, it appeared when I was posting. What an awful thing to happen to someone so young. flowers

(((hugs))) to everyone having a bad time at the moment. There seems to be a lot of it about. I have been feeling 'got at' [well, I am being got at!] but lots of you have much worse situations to deal with. Peaks and troughs is a really good way to describe life as well as the weather.sunshine

Bellasnana Thu 14-Nov-13 09:32:02

Thank you kittylester . It is indeed a tragedy and he was truly one of the good guys - why is it always the way?

Hope you have a good day and as I say to my kids 'don't let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace' (Dalai Lama) smile

glassortwo Thu 14-Nov-13 09:41:30

Good morning everyone, sunny but very very cold here in the North East, the school yard was like Syberia. Bella 27 is no age is it, very sad, Alie flowers
I have started knitting again for the new DGC due in January, never picked the needles up since DGD was born 5 yrs ago and I cant put it down, I am hooked again, cant even get on GN for it shock
Off to the hospital with DD who has an appointment with physio as she is having problems with her back and cant walk without difficulty, her due date isnt until mid January.
The Dr has tried to give her a sick note but she still has lots to do before she starts her maternity leave, I dont know!!!
Still the physio may change her mind this morning.

Charleygirl Thu 14-Nov-13 09:46:54

It is sunny in London but not nearly as cold as yesterday. I have not long surfaced, have finished my first of many cups of coffee, why should I feel guilty?

That is an awful thing to happen to somebody so young, Bellasnana. I do hope that all goes well for you today AlieOxon, and that you feel that this is a better day for you kittylester.

The wind is doing a lot of the leaf sweeping for me. Such a pity that it will not bin it.

Nelliemoser Thu 14-Nov-13 11:51:19

A blustery wet night in Cheshire. Awake for hours in the night. Back to bed at 4am ish. Surfaced again at 10 am. At last a decent night sleep.

Just eating breakfast now after a rush to the surgery GP to get a repeat prescription in for collection before the weekend.

AlieOxon Thu 14-Nov-13 13:10:15

Now getting ready to go to family history meet.
The Nuffield - met a very nice doctor Louise....but in short, she thinks I ought to get my R knee seen too as well.....oh.
Thanks everyone for the flowers!
Back later.

harrigran Thu 14-Nov-13 13:57:12

Sorry to hear DD is having back problem glass. I had sciatica when expecting my first and walking and working was difficult, I stopped working in the middle of January even though baby was not born until end of March.