Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Dec-13 07:18:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark still here in Brackley ,Xmas lunch today in the residence.
Mick

Brendawymms Mon 02-Dec-13 07:24:31

Good morning everyone. Calm and dry in East Sussex but it's still too dark to see much else.
Hope everyone that has been unwell feels a little better today.
Hope those doing Xmas shopping don't have too torrid a time!

kittylester Mon 02-Dec-13 08:01:30

Morning all! It's still dark in north Leicestershire but it doesn't seem too bad. It is, apparently, going to get worse by the end of the week.

I am having 2DGC for a while this morning then I am aiming to make a vat of bread sauce! Later we are going to the pictures and out for a meal.

Enjoy your days everyone and keep warm! brew

LizG Mon 02-Dec-13 08:02:48

Good morning all. Still pretty dark here. I'm off on the school run soon and will be very glad when my daughter's foot heals!

Aka Mon 02-Dec-13 08:14:45

Woken up at 7.00am by a delivery from Celtic Boots, and now informed in an email it's CYBER Monday. Black Friday was naff enough! So all in all a grey day with dark thoughts! Things can only get better.....can't they? hmm

AlieOxon Mon 02-Dec-13 08:18:34

Mornin all.
Feeling grumpy as I made the big effort to get up for 8am for scaffolders, now still waiting and beginning to have my usual worry about people not turning up....

Lona Mon 02-Dec-13 08:23:38

I hope so Aka!
Grey and gloomy at the moment in Cheshire, but what can we expect in December? I hate it!

Had a lovely time babysitting my youngest dgc last night.
Dgd age 2, has developed a habit of saying "Phone Nana" every time she gets upset, even if she's sitting on my knee!
So funny smile
Anyway, at least it made for a better nights sleep.

NfkDumpling Mon 02-Dec-13 08:24:12

Good morning everyone. Bright and sunny morning here and the double glazing blokes arrived at 7.40 just as I stepped into the shower. Luckily DH was dressed and able to move the cars. Hopefully they should finish today, they just have to make good the stucco/pebble dash stuff the house is covered in. Then we just have to get it painted. Time was when we would have been up a ladder ....

AlieOxon Mon 02-Dec-13 08:40:09

Time was when I would too.
However, my blokes have arrived.

PRINTMISS Mon 02-Dec-13 08:47:39

Good morning all, lots of lovely newsy bits already, and I am only just up - I was going to say running, but no, not that! We have a grey morning again here, but as you all know it is December, and what I like most about this month, is the Christmas lights that appear in house windows, and the occasional peep at what the tree looks like, but then I love Christmas. We have altered our Christmas plans, so off this morning to see if we can change our Panto tickets for another day, and then we are going to try to book a meal for New Years Eve, I think we are a bit late for our usual place, story of our lives recently. As you can see I do go on a bit when once I get started. Enjoy your days.

annodomini Mon 02-Dec-13 09:52:53

Good morning - weather just the same as everywhere else apparently. I can't believe how many trees still have quantities of leaves left. However, the viburnum bodnantense has lost all its foliage so its pink blossoms can now be seen to their full advantage.

Brendawymms Mon 02-Dec-13 09:56:35

My Witch hazel is also in full bloom. Lovely scented pink flowers.

BAnanas Mon 02-Dec-13 10:14:58

Grey, but not cold, I'm doing all my last minute shopping today, we are off to Argentina on Wednesday, where it's hot! hot! hot!, returning a couple of days before Christmas when it could be cold! cold! cold!

annodomini Mon 02-Dec-13 10:48:56

Long tailed tits now busy in the garden and the blackbirds are at last having a go at the yellow rowan berries.

NfkDumpling Mon 02-Dec-13 11:08:27

Have a wonderful time BAnanas!

AlieOxon Mon 02-Dec-13 11:11:34

Blokes now gone, and I have a sort of catwalk over the passage at the side of my house. Cost me.
When will the gutter men come back? That's for me to find out.....

I'm freezing after being out talking to them. Brr. Shall go and warm up.

Galen Mon 02-Dec-13 11:38:53

Morning from Edinburgh airport. Just had an encounter with a very rude easyjet ground person. All now resolved and I'm sitting in the lounge with a v&t waiting for my flight back to England.
I must say she was an exception, all the other scots I've met have been very friendly and helpful.
The taxi driver was very against devolution and said he must have spoken to at least 500 people none of whom were for it. In fact the onl people I've met so far who are for it are a few Gransnetters!

Stansgran Mon 02-Dec-13 11:45:47

DH has gone off for a walk. I've found the bobble hat(no)the fleece hat(yes) the fleece gloves (no) the ones with the plastic palms(?) he left at 10. Very envious of the Edinburgh meet up especially Galen's warm pearls. Very necessary in the North. The weather is ok here. I have to go to the bank manager to get proof I am alive today. I always feel slightly indignant but so much better when he signs something to tell me I am not one of the living dead.

Elegran Mon 02-Dec-13 11:47:54

That is most unusual, Galen I have found the Easyjet people at Edinburgh to be very pleasant. You must have happened upon the one sourpuss. Maybe she got out of the wrong bed this morning. I hope you gave as good as you got - I am sure you did.

Galen Mon 02-Dec-13 11:59:30

I shall be telling limited mobility who sorted out Heathrow for me! I was doing this trip as an unpaid 'secret shopper' for them. It's how they find out about problems for disabled travellers and get them put right for future travellers.