Gransnet forums

Chat

Mumsnet

(17 Posts)
Stansgran Mon 02-Dec-13 17:39:09

Has anyone looked at the daughter website recently? GNHQ have sneaked over there and asked for their opinion on how they want the GPs to behave. Is this disloyal? Or are they buttering them up? Or should we be very afraid that there will be a book?

merlotgran Mon 02-Dec-13 17:41:46

Thought you were talking about doctors for a moment Stansgran. confused

Whatever they write I think I would be tempted to do the exact opposite.

Elegran Mon 02-Dec-13 17:54:55

If there is a book we can write another, on how daughters-in-law should behave (and sons-in-law)

LizG Mon 02-Dec-13 18:06:55

I think they are being disloyal, perhaps we should down tools for a couple of hours. You can't regulate Grandparenthood or produce a manual, despite the fact they have tried.

The perfect s-i-l should be kind and caring to his aged (me!) m-i-l and wash my her car every other week smile

Ana Mon 02-Dec-13 18:14:08

Is it just about in-laws? Why can't they be asking Mumsnetters about their own parents' behaviour as grandparents?

harrigran Mon 02-Dec-13 19:27:20

Oh naughty, they will lose Grans from here angry

Lona Mon 02-Dec-13 19:56:03

I've just been to have a look..............no sign of anything like that.
Could someone put a link on for me please?

Stansgran Mon 02-Dec-13 20:54:28

Lana it's underTopics then Site Stuff And Carigransnet (the traitor) and they could win a Gransnet book.

janeainsworth Mon 02-Dec-13 21:51:13

Actually the thread is quite funny/wise and I don't see why we should feel threatened or betrayed!
This is my favourite, from someone called Dwerf:

"Remember the Grandmother's prayer; grant me the energy to step in when I'm needed, the discipline to keep my face out when I'm not, and the wisdom to know the difference."

grin

Ana Mon 02-Dec-13 21:57:08

Love that, Jane! grin

I agree, let's not get all uppity and umbrage-taking about a thread on Mumsnet which might actually provide a good safety valve for some frustrated/irritated parents.

merlotgran Mon 02-Dec-13 21:58:06

Is Dwerf a grandmother?

If not it's just wishful thinking. grin

Galen Mon 02-Dec-13 22:08:17

That prayer is what I try to do (with very held in comments)

Lona Mon 02-Dec-13 23:19:12

Thanks Stansgran

Iam64 Tue 03-Dec-13 08:54:03

Jane - Dwarf has said it all, extend it to life in general, and the world would be a happier place

jennycockerspaniel Tue 03-Dec-13 14:41:55

Yes I often have a peep on Mums net and some comments not very good I try to do my best but I have a good relation ship with my D in Law and she really kind it goes both ways D in laws can be really horrible

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 03-Dec-13 15:53:06

traitor Cari here... we were just interested to know how it was from the other side. No book - only ours - and it was in the interests of letting MNers know about it that we ran it.

As we have said all along - gransnetters have (approximately) 5 billion years of experience and wisdom between them - we simply want to spread the word smile

Agus Tue 03-Dec-13 16:13:29

A good idea Cari. Giving both sides a bit of insight and understanding.