Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning WEdnesday

(22 Posts)
Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 15:08:33

Surprisingly not anno, I seem to be going through a phase of 'quiet acceptance', which probably won't last! grin

annodomini Wed 04-Dec-13 13:39:15

Oh dear, Lona, too much on your mind?

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 13:27:01

Oh harri what a horrible time for you all. flowers

Anno I was only up and running (as it were) because I'd been lying there awake since 4.30am!

sunshine here now

Galen Wed 04-Dec-13 12:50:27

{{{hugs}}}}

whenim64 Wed 04-Dec-13 12:27:05

flowers harrigran No, not a good day for you. (((Hugs)))

harrigran Wed 04-Dec-13 12:24:31

The sun is shining but it is not a good day. The little neighbour's funeral is in two hours and I can see all the flowers on the front grass, a large Dr Who tardis amongst them.
I spent yesterday looking after GC while DS was at hospital for yet more investigations and arrived home to find my sister had been admitted to hospital as an emergency and was waiting to go to theatre.
I have the GC again for the weekend because DS and DIL are stressed hmm

dustyangel Wed 04-Dec-13 11:44:36

Good morning, bright and sunny here but a really cold wind on top of our hill.
Glad it wasn't windy yesterday when I went to Albufeira with a friend who wanted to go to a specific shop. As we walked round there were holiday makers sitting in the sun outside cafes, several wearing strapless tops, whilst my friend and I had our winter woollies on. Vests topped by sweaters, a fleece on top for me and a quilted body warmer for her. smile

annodomini Wed 04-Dec-13 10:46:18

Sun now shining on what's left of the yellow birch leaves. I've been watching a very large squirrel with a huge tail playing around in the trees beyond the brook. It has a very distinctive white front.

Galen Wed 04-Dec-13 10:31:20

Grey, damp, dull.
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, creeps on this petty pace from day to day.

glassortwo Wed 04-Dec-13 10:23:28

Sun shining in the North East but verrrry cold. tchgrin Christms must be here got the emoticions.

annodomini Wed 04-Dec-13 09:42:57

Update on Lonas post: the sky is clearing though there are still clouds about. Lona gets up much earlier than I do!!

AlieOxon Wed 04-Dec-13 09:41:22

Mornin'.....I have got gutters! And a lot of small mess....it was dark when they cleared up,
And did I sleep last night....! So glad this is done. Still have scaffolding up and can't see some of the new gutter but whew, some peace and quiet.

Charleygirl Wed 04-Dec-13 09:38:32

Meant to add with premium bonds!

Charleygirl Wed 04-Dec-13 09:38:00

Very dull in this part of London. Sunshine is expected later. I have won £25 x2 so I am a happy bunny.

PRINTMISS Wed 04-Dec-13 09:15:13

Good morning everyone one, I was late up this morning, so woke to what must count as a bright morning, after all the really horrible mornings we have had. Couldn't put a wood wrong at bowls yesterday, so won quite convincingly. Off to lunch with the ladies of the bowls club, our yearly do, not quite my thing (I enjoy mixed company), however it is good to be sociable at this time of year. Enjoy your days.

Stansgran Wed 04-Dec-13 08:50:20

Looks as though its brightening here in Durham. DH wants me to deal with ISAS . There is ironing and but I'm off to the beautician for a new and improved me this afternoon. An uphill task but she's good for morale.

Brendawymms Wed 04-Dec-13 08:29:42

Good morning all. Damp, grey and calm here in East Sussex. Expecting rain later. My back is not happy today, it's not been great since I was 17, (a couple of years ago) so have to phone osteopaths. More bloody expense.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Dec-13 08:07:14

Very overcast and damp today. Looks like it rained a bit last night. I hope your Do went well last night Mick.

The men finished the windows yesterday and I'm dead chuffed with them - several favourable remarks from passers-by yesterday, It's good to know our building alterations meet with local approval! It feels like Sunday today since we haven't had to get up and move the cars and make ourselves respectable before 7.30. Back to retirement!

Hope your mum is well today Kitty

Lona Wed 04-Dec-13 07:28:47

Good morning although it's wet here,and still dark.
Good luck kitty smile, hope it's a good day for mum.

I'm going back to my exercise class this morning for some much needed stretching, although no tummy crunching yet.
My knees are still aching from jigsaws on the floor with dgd on Sunday afternoon shock

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-13 07:20:46

Morning Mick - it's still dark here,too! I hope you enjoyed last night.

Today, a friend and I ate going to a local farm shop which also has a really nice tea room. My friend is, eventually, feeling better after chemo and a bout of shingles.

This afternoon I am going to see mum - hoping my hair passes muster today! grin

ffinnochio Wed 04-Dec-13 07:20:11

Good morning Mick and all. The sky this morning has strands of palest pink and blue, overlaid with a wash of mist. A delicate and gentle morning. Frosty, too! smile

12Michael Wed 04-Dec-13 07:06:02

Its still dark here in Brackley this morning, had a do last night in the residence.
Mick