Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling sad

(6 Posts)
harrigran Thu 12-Dec-13 23:22:31

Thinking of you and sending a (((hug))) flowers

alternativegran Thu 12-Dec-13 21:12:26

Sometimes go to David Steindl Rast's website, gratefulness.org to light a candle.

Anne58 Thu 12-Dec-13 19:46:37

ga won't click on the link for now, will come back to it later, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your sadness, thinking of you and sending every good wish.

Marelli Thu 12-Dec-13 19:44:37

It is inspiring, grannyactivist. If we do need to give ourselves a talking to, I suppose it's along these lines. I feel sadness creeping up at this time of the year, and am fighting it quite well, this time, I think. Got a 'sad anniversary' coming up, and as well as that, my DD is still estranged from me, BUT my DS has met a girl and they have fallen in love. That makes me so happy! The other two things, I can do nothing about, so I just have to 'bear' them, but my son is HAPPY! Therefore, I am grateful! smile

Nonu Thu 12-Dec-13 19:37:13

Many good wishes to you, across the miles .
tchsmile

grannyactivist Thu 12-Dec-13 18:58:33

Just recently I've been feeling sad for a number of reasons; remembering my brother and son in law who have died, missing my daughter in New Zealand and my estranged grandchildren, anticipating my daughter and her family moving away in the New Year.....
I'm not usually one to dwell on what can't be changed and so I've given myself a bit of a talking to and started to 'count my blessings'. Then I came across this TED talk that I found to be quite inspiring, so I thought I'd share it with you. smile
www.ted.com/talks/david_steindl_rast_want_to_be_happy_be_grateful.html