Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Dec-13 07:22:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking slightly less windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

LizG Sat 28-Dec-13 07:37:19

Good morning Mick and others too. Things seem to have calmed down here in Somerset as well although it is still dark so I can't be sure. Enjoy the day everyone.

Oldgreymare Sat 28-Dec-13 08:35:15

Certainly has in this part of Somerset, LizG
Morning All.

Charleygirl Sat 28-Dec-13 08:38:33

No wind at all in NW London but it is still quite dark. I am being virtuous (I think) and getting ready to go to the gym.

NfkDumpling Sat 28-Dec-13 08:58:11

Beautiful morning here. Gentle breeze and clear blue skies. Looking forward to a walk around the lake at Blickling itch several friends followed by soup in front of a good fire.

NfkDumpling Sat 28-Dec-13 09:00:46

(Glad to hear things are quieter in the south west too. Hopefully it'll get better everywhere soon)

Lona Sat 28-Dec-13 09:14:10

Looks nice and sunny here through my bleary eyes! My dgd has kindly shared her chesty cough and sore throat with Nana grin

Things can only get better, I hope so for all those poor people coping with very wet homes.

KatyK Sat 28-Dec-13 09:18:06

Calmed down in Brum. Time for DH to mend fallen fences !

Brendawymms Sat 28-Dec-13 10:02:07

Good morning from East Sussex. Here is another Nana who has been gifted with a cold by their DGC. I feel rough! grin. Staying indoors today.
The weather here is dry and calm with even a little blue in the sky. The dust men have just been!

dustyangel Sat 28-Dec-13 10:43:54

Good morning all, nice bright sunny morning, could hear all sorts of buzzing and humming when I opened the door this morning.
Hope those with coughs and colds feel better soon. sunshine

Galen Sat 28-Dec-13 10:45:51

I'm having a duvet morning, trying to get rid of the low back pain I've acquired for no good reason.

Dragonfly1 Sat 28-Dec-13 10:47:07

Morning from south Staffs. Quite a bright morning but cold! Nice dog-walking weather.

harrigran Sat 28-Dec-13 11:04:09

Good morning from a calm, sunny north east. The storm is over, for now.

Stansgran Sat 28-Dec-13 11:41:22

Lovely in Durham ,blue skies and calm. I intend to put washing out. Computer is terminal but who cares? I'll help the economy by getting a new one! And yes I'm having a dressing gown day.

Thistledoo Sat 28-Dec-13 11:45:15

Good morning everyone, wet here today, but some broken cloud so hopefully it will clear up later so we can get a walk. Hope everyone that has suffered with flooding and power cuts, are ok. DS, Dil and two DGC coming this afternoon, so mayhem will ensue upon my peaceful house.
The 8 month old kitten wakened me from a lovely sleep this morning demanding that I get up immediately and feed him. Grrrrr. But I do love him.

Soutra Sat 28-Dec-13 12:10:58

Ouchy, Galen - sympathy. Anything to do with lifting small people? Duvet day sounds good - iPad and iPlayer at the ready!

Soutra Sat 28-Dec-13 12:14:23

Glorious sunny morning (oops) afternoon here!
Working my way through 5 lots of sheets and duvet covers (ours can wait till next week) so glad to be able to hang some out. Towels next. tchsad
However - here I am, at the laptop, catching up, mug of coffee, happy dog sleeping in the sunshine streaming in and life could be a heck of a lot worse tchsmile

Bez Sat 28-Dec-13 12:16:18

Good morning - mixed here today - about11C but we have sun, dull and rain so far. Thankfully no wind and when we did have some a couple of nights ago it did no damage. Enjoy your weekends.

Galen Sat 28-Dec-13 12:59:17

Soutra probably yes! I hadn't thought of that! couldn't think what I'd done.

Granny23 Sat 28-Dec-13 13:30:07

Thank goodness for this thread. I was sitting here without a clue as to which day of the week it was when I spotted it. It is always thus because Christmas and New Year's day always feel like Sundays so today felt like Thursday - if you see what I mean. Never mind I think I know what I think tchconfused

Bez Sat 28-Dec-13 14:04:01

OH got up this morning saying when he woke up he thought it was Monday till they said on the radio it was Saturday - think that confused him even more as he was not sure which one it was!!!!!tchgrin