Gransnet forums

Chat

anyone had problems posting

(14 Posts)
durhamjen Tue 21-Jan-14 14:47:56

Excuse the punctuation. I do not know where that full stop and new paragraph came from.

durhamjen Tue 21-Jan-14 14:46:54

Glamma, I could change my password, but he would take it as a challenge. He is autistic, but has a special radar for anything to do with the computer. I have two, but he prefers using this one, and using my username even though he has one of his own on my computer and one on the other one.
He has football manager 2012 and 2006 on it, but prefers using the 2006 because the team members are more memorable to him. So if it's going too slow, I take off 2006. Then he puts it back on when he arrives.
, usually while I am in the kitchen making him a cup of hot chocolate.

FlicketyB Tue 21-Jan-14 14:25:53

Me too, last week, a number of posts I wrote, mailed and saw flash up on the screen as part of the post, weren't there when I came out and came back to the thread later.

annodomini Tue 21-Jan-14 12:09:39

Not now, but last week a couple of posts disappeared though I was sure I had gone through the motions correctly.

rosesarered Tue 21-Jan-14 11:13:31

I too have some intermittent problems posting on here. Nothing to do with Chrome or any downloading though. I find if I leave it and come back later I can use it again, so don't know if it is this site or my own computer.

Marelli Tue 21-Jan-14 07:26:11

I was having problems logging on to my internet banking over the last few days, and when I phoned my bank, was told that Chrome carried out an update that had caused a fault somewhere and that it should soon be remedied. He advised me to use Internet Explorer in the meantime. Perhaps this is what had caused the blip for you POGS and durhamjen?

glammanana Tue 21-Jan-14 07:16:47

durhamjen I run Chrome & Firefox on my lap-top because I can't get into competitions entry on Firefox but can on Chrome which I find strange I also find any help from BT is non discript to say the lease.I have a DGS who can't help himself when he arrives !! he has been banned from downloading anything at "nanna's" now on the promise it may damage his health grin

durhamjen Mon 20-Jan-14 23:42:11

Yes, I was right. Got rid of Chrome again.
Hopefully that will be okay until he puts it back on again tomorrow without me noticing. And I've managed to look at my BT bill. Strange the BT bloke did not think of that.

Ana Mon 20-Jan-14 22:59:13

I tried Chrome and hated it, so I uninstalled it - no problems since then.

Flowerofthewest Mon 20-Jan-14 22:53:53

Only with photos. When I try to label my pictures the boxes overlap so that I cannot click on box to save the description.

durhamjen Mon 20-Jan-14 22:53:49

Just remembered that the last time I had problems it was when my grandson had downloaded Chrome without me knowing it. It slowed up the computer entirely, including this. I have just had a long conversation online with a BT minion because I could not look at my BT bill even though they had sent me an email to tell me it was ready to look at.
Eureka moment! Have to search for Chrome now to see if it has usurped Internet Explorer.

harrigran Mon 20-Jan-14 22:40:02

No problems at present but I did a couple of months ago. I sent a message to HQ but they never answered and the problem corrected itself after a while.

tanith Mon 20-Jan-14 22:13:14

No problems here..

POGS Mon 20-Jan-14 21:17:47

I have had problems for a couple of days posting. I have been in touch with HQ and they have said that there has not been a problem reported by anyone else.

I was just wondering if anybody has had 'intermittent, problems as well as myself. I am obviously OK again at the moment. Just wondering.