Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-Feb-14 06:46:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dark still, but looks cold and windy here in Brackley.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Feb-14 17:13:09

Thanks Kitty

annodomini Sun 02-Feb-14 14:06:54

Bright sunny day for a change. Unfortunately my neighbour, who is having a clear-out of her shed, is now having a bonfire and the smoke is now drifting across my garden. But she has been a very good neighbour and I am going to miss her - and the labradors.

kittylester Sun 02-Feb-14 13:33:20

Rather more exciting than Adleburgh for 3 days Nfk. Enjoy! smile

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Feb-14 13:32:12

Dusty we've made sloe gin for years but a friend of my DS does all sorts and it's got us more adventurous. Blackberry brandy is good too.

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Feb-14 13:30:34

Kitty We're off to I N D I A !! Trying not to brag or get too excited especially since I got my treat of a safari in Botswana last year! It's DH's 70th in March and he's always wanted to go. I just hope our stomachs hold up ok (he has problems)

dustyangel Sun 02-Feb-14 12:26:02

Bright and beautiful here, very cold earlier but lovely now. Hope it stays fine for GS arriving tomorrow.

Nellie damson gin sounds rather nice,I've never tried it,or Sloe gin for that matter. Is it supposed to be drunk more like a liqueur?

L you could be Lola the mysterious loner. grin

harrigran Sun 02-Feb-14 12:22:27

Can't believe I used their blush memo to oneself, preview message.

Galen Sun 02-Feb-14 12:15:48

sunshine!!!!!!!

Roderick Sun 02-Feb-14 12:14:39

A sunny morning here in Loughborough,Ieven walked into town and had a coffee in Baobab

harrigran Sun 02-Feb-14 11:51:58

Good morning from a dry, breezy north east. Going to see GC and hope their is no snow on the hills, was last week.

Lona Sun 02-Feb-14 11:16:57

Good morning fellow netters, it's sunny again here in Cheshire, don't know how long it'll last and it's nippy with it!

Had a lovely couple of hours with dd and dgds yesterday afternoon with hardly any rain on the journey.
I'd left a chicken in the slow cooker which was a very nice welcome home!

PRINTMISS I may well change my name to Lola grin it sounds much more racy! wink

lefthanded Sun 02-Feb-14 11:04:40

Overcast but not actually raining here in South Wales. Current plan is to spend the day doing paperwork jobs like paying bills, sorting out the transfer of cherished number-plate for my (owned) car to wife's Motability-leased car (possible - but a nightmare of paperwork), and writing letter of complaint to Sainsbury's about the chicken curry that I bought yesterday (no meat in it). Wish me luck!

Kiora Sun 02-Feb-14 10:22:51

Morning mick. Hooray it's mild, bright and NOT grey & raining here in kent YET..... WHOOP WHOOP shock. smile

Bellasnana Sun 02-Feb-14 10:03:55

Good morning all. Lovely sunny day today in contrast to yesterday when it rained non-stop all day. Have managed to hang out three loads of laundry so hope it stays dry. What an exciting life I lead!
Hope everyone has a happy Sunday sunshine

Nonu Sun 02-Feb-14 09:56:33

Morning all , nice and sunny here .
DD is coming round later to cook a nice lunch for us all , then we will watch Downton Abbey DVD , and "boys" can watch their footie .
Bliss !

JammieB Sun 02-Feb-14 09:32:00

Glorious sunny morning here in Somerset - birds are singing their hearts out, would be a lovely day to sort the garden out a bit bit it's just too wet! Sounds like it will be a newspaper in the conservatory sort of day instead!

Nelliemoser Sun 02-Feb-14 09:21:46

Also on my "to do" list is to take yesterday morning's washing out of the machine and hang it up.

Charleygirl Sun 02-Feb-14 08:58:41

I believe that this may be the second day without rain here in NW London. It is cold but sunny here today.

Nelliemoser Sun 02-Feb-14 08:45:31

Good morning! A clear sky in Cheshire for once, the sun is not quite up over the back neighbours houses yet. No rain indicated on the local forecast.

I have more Damson gin to rack and bottle today.

Brendawymms Sun 02-Feb-14 08:43:31

Good morning everyone. It is supposed to be dry here in East Sussex so perhaps someone can explain why it is lashing down with rain! confused

PRINTMISS Sun 02-Feb-14 08:35:16

Good morning all, and thank you dusty and Lola for the welcome back. A doubtful morning here, but off to lunch with friends later on, so something to look forward to. Enjoy your days

kittylester Sun 02-Feb-14 08:05:14

Good morning all!

Bright and breezy here in North Leicestershire and the forecast is for sunshine shock

Where are you going Nfk, have I missed it on another thread? Have a super time. We are going away tomorrow, only for 3 days, to our favourite hotel in Suffolk. We try to go every year about this time to recharge after Christmas and New Year.

Enjoy your days everyone!

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Feb-14 07:37:04

Dawning bright and breezy here, and I can hear a distant cockerel crowing. Must be spring.
Bloomin cold though. Looking forward to going away next week. I actually find myself getting excited! I could never allow myself to do this before in case me mum threw a spanner in the works. Unlike some she never actually managed to stop us going, but the run up to any time away was pretty gruelling.

Stansgran Sun 02-Feb-14 07:31:00

Looks horrid here. Making a warming pot of tea.

LizG Sun 02-Feb-14 07:18:18

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Got to get up early because I am in charge of all the dog walks whilst OH recuperates. I oght to be a shadow of my former self but no such luck smile