Gransnet forums

Chat

tracking an Amazon price

(5 Posts)
MamaCaz Mon 03-Feb-14 13:55:32

Have any of you ever tracked the price of something on Amazon, in the hope that it will drop to a level where you would be prepared to buy it?

I started doing this on an exercise bike, just after Christmas. I have been absolutely amazed to find that the price of the item changes every few days, sometimes twice in one day! Occasionally, the change has been several pounds, but most of the changes were only by a few pence. In the last six days alone, there have been five price changes.

What's that all about? confused

Versavisa Mon 03-Feb-14 14:44:30

My husband puts everything he wants on their wish list and he notices the prices change dramatically too.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 03-Feb-14 14:47:30

Versavisa - me too grin

D0LLIE Mon 03-Feb-14 15:37:43

I bought a kipling bag on amazon at a bargain price...it was such a great bag i thought id order one for my daughter in law for a present...i was shocked to see the price had gone up by £15!! No i didnt bother i found another similar bag...i did email and complain about the drastic hike in price and was told they frequently change their prices but was given no reason why!!

The worst thing that bugs me on amazon now is that all their goods that cost under £10 come under the 'add on' !!!!! Which is annoying if you are wanting a cable for £1-50 youve got to find something else to bring the total to £10...

Grannyknot Mon 03-Feb-14 16:00:26

Well that's interesting but I've never tracked Amazon.

However, we are off on holiday soon to Florida, and we booked a hotel at say £800 for a week on one of the price comparison sites, and I had barely pressed "pay" when husband who was on his computer, said "Guess what, I've just found the same resort for £610 from a different site" (not on the price comparison list!). So irritating! angry

Luckily the site I had booked with we could cancel at no charge. So we did, booked the cheaper price, only to have the bank phone husband to check what was going on because all this happened in the space of half an hour. It is ridiculous though, and enough to drive a person round the bend.