Gransnet forums

Chat

Invisible AND silent!

(7 Posts)
mollie Sun 09-Feb-14 19:52:18

It seems we aren't shouting loud enough!

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/09/middle-aged-women-injustice-angry-protest

JessM Sun 09-Feb-14 20:52:45

Far too polite and nice and thinking about other people all the time.

Iam64 Mon 10-Feb-14 09:05:19

If my Facebook page is any indication, we're shouting loudly. I suppose we're in cyber space though, so can be ignored.
Did anyone see Edwina Currie on the channel 5 Benefit discussion? She shouted, spat and generally behaved like the insensitive bully she is. Her younger counter part the equally dreadful Katie Hopkins was also shouting a spitting. What is it about SHOUTING that draws the media to people...

thatbags Mon 10-Feb-14 09:17:30

Maybe women in their fifties have realised that doing things quietly and without a big show is just as effective as engaging in attention-seeking stunts in leopard skin fabric.

I thought the Guardian article rather shallow.

Nonnie Mon 10-Feb-14 09:55:32

Are men of the same age any different?

JessM Mon 10-Feb-14 10:28:55

Didn't see the programme, but Edwina but apparently very nasty to Jack Monroe who is really pissed off with her. Here's the blog:

agirlcalledjack.com/2014/02/04/dear-edwina-thankyou-for-last-night-i-hope-it-was-as-good-for-you-as-it-was-for-me-bigbenefitsrow/

The vast majority of positions of power in which get to say how the country is run are men nonnie . And at current government level this is getting worse.

Tegan Mon 10-Feb-14 10:41:59

Please don't get me started on Edwina Currie [I came close to hitting her once and I'm pretty non violent]. I don't want her representing my gender sad.