Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Jul-14 06:09:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Up very early off to have a fields test in Banbury , grey sky's at the moment here in Brackley.
Mick

12Michael Fri 04-Jul-14 06:57:35

Just had breakfast and the sun is shining.
Mick

NanKate Fri 04-Jul-14 07:45:58

Morning Mick and All.

Hope all goes well with your test Mick. I had one and it is no big deal. You just have to press a button when you see a flashing light.

Sun out in Thames Valley.

nannotgran Fri 04-Jul-14 07:48:05

Another lovely morning in north essex Very hot yesterday and its going to be the same today

kittylester Fri 04-Jul-14 07:50:24

Good morning Mick! What is a fields test? Good lu k with it whatever it is!

Overcast and muggy here in North Leicestershire this morning which is a shame as it is my niece's wedding day. Hope Suebailey tells us that it is nice near Melton Mowbray as that is where the wedding is to be held! Wish me luck as I am sitting next to (and in charge of) Mum in the church! [grin[

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

ninathenana Fri 04-Jul-14 07:54:14

Morning all.

Sun is out in N.Kent, another beautiful day forecast. Yesterday was glorious but quiet a breeze in the evening. Enough to blow over one of the large pots of sweet peas that are just starting to flower angry

NfkDumpling Fri 04-Jul-14 07:55:27

Ah, I was wondering what a fields test is! I've had one too - quite fun really!!
Lovely morning here. Breakfast in the conservatory, birdies singing and bathing in our little pool. Lovely. Now have to bake a cake (left the dried fruit to sozzle couple of days ago) before it gets to hot. Forecast is upper 20s. sunshine

Have a lovely day everyone - and (((hugs))) to all those who're having a hard time at the moment.

lefthanded Fri 04-Jul-14 07:57:40

Woke up about 0630 with indigestion. I usually keep Gaviscon Tablets on the bedside table but for some reason they were missing. I got up to go and find some then decided that I was awake so I might as well get up. I'm taking grandson to school this morning so I would need to get up at 0730 anyway.

Cloudy this morning but still very warm. Certainly feels like there is a storm due.

Gagagran Fri 04-Jul-14 08:01:20

Morning all. Already hot and sunny here on the SE Hampshire coast - feels like the South of France!

It's the monthly WI committee meeting this morning but sitting there I shall be finding it hard not to be thinking enviously of DH who has been invited to go sailing on Chichester harbour with one of his cycling chums.

We are gearing up ready to watch the start, in Yorkshire, of the Tour de France tomorrow. It will be going past the villages where DH and I were born and on Monday it is going past DS's house so of particular interest this year. Just sad Sir Bradley Wiggins is not riding.

Happy day everyone. sunshine

DebnCreme Fri 04-Jul-14 08:18:52

Happy Friday everyone. Rain threatened in Somerset but has not arrived yet.

PRINTMISS Fri 04-Jul-14 08:19:06

Good morning everyone, really hot already here on the south coast, and not a day to be doing too much, so I will probably do just that - the joys of retirement. Enjoy your days.

hildajenniJ Fri 04-Jul-14 08:31:22

Morning all, back from work and was inspired by American Independence day, to make pancakes (dropped scones ) bacon and syrup for breakfast, yummy. The weather here in Northumberland is cloudy, breezy with the sun trying to break through. It's still warm though. Have a lovely day everyone smile

Lona Fri 04-Jul-14 08:35:09

Good morning all, another dull start here and rain is forecast for all afternoon!
Good excuse to just slob and watch all the tennis again!
Do I really need an excuse? NO!!

kitty I hope you can enjoy the wedding without mum saying anything too outrageous grin

Happy days everyone sunshine

sparkygran Fri 04-Jul-14 08:43:24

Rainy and clammy here in N Ireland. Some of the family coming to visit and regale us about their holiday in Florida and probably 100s of photos on IPad! Lucky us - of course I`m joking. Out with friend for a meal tonight

vegasmags Fri 04-Jul-14 08:58:30

sparkygran - you have reminded me of a ploy I used with a relative who used to take over our TV to 'treat' us to his holiday photos - from packing the suitcase to the taxi back from the airport. A couple of years ago, I had an MRI scan on my back and was given a DVD of the results to take to my consultant, who didn't need it as it was all up on his computer.
Hence I kept the DVD and offered to show it, before the holiday photos, saying that I would happily talk my audience through the details. It worked like a dream - relative suddenly found he had to leave, taking his photos with him.

annodomini Fri 04-Jul-14 09:08:14

Good Morning all. Cooler this morning, but I am off to Sandhurst this pm, so hope to escape the rain forecast for Cheshire.
vegas - grin

Lona Fri 04-Jul-14 10:22:56

Enjoy yourself anno sunshine

sara4 Fri 04-Jul-14 13:31:22

We got married in the church in Melton many moons ago, snow on the ground. Reception at Anne of Cleaves café next door. We have had a lot of cloud in the east Midlands this week, wouldn't mind some rain now over night of course. The sun has come out now, lovely but not too hot. Happy days.