Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
HollyDaze Fri 25-Jul-14 12:27:53

Hot and sunny here too - got the bit of gardening done, that needed doing, quite early this morning and it was pleasantly cool (by comparison). Off to the tip soon to get rid of cuttings and weeds before the cut grass starts steaming!

rubysong Fri 25-Jul-14 11:43:53

Morning all.
Hot and sunny in Cornwall. I'm dripping after a short time in the garden and have just come on for a cool drink. We've just had an email with some photos of the DGC in USA.

newist Fri 25-Jul-14 10:57:19

It is so hot here, in The Hebrides, the poor cows are not used to it, a whole herd is standing knee deep in the sea, to cool off

harrigran Fri 25-Jul-14 10:37:16

Good morning, another hot day here in Cumbria. I have a large fan operating 24/7 which makes the living room bearable. DH painting ceilings, I am doing essential work on the computer grin

Lona Fri 25-Jul-14 10:10:07

phoenix What happened to the car that your 'friends' borrowed? Did you ever get it back?

It's relentlessly hot here again, not long until a hosepipe ban somewhere!
Going for lunch with a couple of friends for a catch up gossip smile then dgd is coming for a sleepover smile smile

Happy Friday sunshine

Anne58 Fri 25-Jul-14 09:46:35

Another bright sunny day in North Devon, already quite hot.

A few bits of shopping to do, then I can look forward to Mr P coming home later.

Definitely a roof down day, even if my hair will look like I've been dragged through the proverbial!

Gagagran Fri 25-Jul-14 09:40:17

Morning everyone!

Another hot day forecast for us but there is a nice breeze to temper the humidity. I'm going to WI Garden club this morning which is a somewhat false description for an outdoor coffee and chat session in someone's garden! We do look at the plants too but that's about the limit of the horticultural stuff.

DH is booked for childcare at DD's tonight as they are going to see "Amadeus" at the newly re-opened Chichester Festival Theatre. He'll have fish and chips with DGC so I can plan a lovely salad for my solo dinner. Hurrah!

Happy days all. sunshine

kittylester Fri 25-Jul-14 09:33:57

Good morning all!

North Leicestershire is beautiful this morning but,as we are meeting DBIL and SiL at Beningborough , I'd like to know what the weather is like near York please! SiL helps in the garden there!

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

annodomini Fri 25-Jul-14 09:26:58

Good morning from NE Cheshire. A perfect summer morning - still and already quite hot.

Brendawymms Fri 25-Jul-14 09:26:02

There is a bit of a breeze in East Sussex today and a little high cloud. Three DGC and a Labrador coming for the day.

NfkDumpling Fri 25-Jul-14 09:12:40

Hot and sunny here. Just got back from taking the car for it's MOT / service. Thank goodness I'm retired - the traffic now is horrendous. Off to do a bit of light weeding before doing my stint standing in a darkened room at our local National Trust mansion.
Have a sunny day all sunshine

suebailey1 Fri 25-Jul-14 09:01:54

Me too not much sleep but off to golf in the sunshine - what a blessing- at my age my mother stayed in the house all day moaning about the heat and refusing even to sit in the shade in her large garden waiting for Countdown and Emmerdale to come on TV. I'm off! Have a lovely day peeps!!flowers

Charleygirl Fri 25-Jul-14 08:46:45

The sun is shining in NW London but there is a very pleasant breeze outside. Like hildajenniJ an uncomfortable night with little sleep.

ninathenana Fri 25-Jul-14 08:45:04

Morning all.

Hazy sunshine here in N.Kent. Will soon burn away though. Will be doing the weekly shop accompanied by both DGS later, fun !

hildajenniJ Fri 25-Jul-14 08:23:19

Very misty start this morning in Northumberland. Very warm night, very little sleep. Having another forty winks, see you all later. [Moon]

nannotgran Fri 25-Jul-14 07:41:51

Another lovely morning in north essex.Fluffy clouds blue sky and its going to be hot again today. Have a nice daysmile

12Michael Fri 25-Jul-14 06:52:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a sunny start with some cloud and wind this morning in Brackley .
Mick