Gransnet forums

Chat

Footwear

(21 Posts)
berdie Sat 26-Jul-14 09:58:41

My DW and I have just been reading an article on GN about fashion do's and don't's for you ladies, and the subject of croc's came up. The standard croc's are fine as someone said for gardening and so on, as they are easy to clean. DW and her friends have bought some Ballerina Croc's or Croc sandals. They are very fashionable and more importantly, very comfortable. DW loves hers. Check the tinternet wink

Anne58 Sat 26-Jul-14 10:21:58

Might well have a look berdie as my beloved berkenstocks are looking rather worn and I fancy a change.

Ariadne Sat 26-Jul-14 11:17:30

I love my Crocs! They have been an absolute godsend during all the knee and hip problems - light, comfortable and useful.

I also have Crocs sandals - bought them in Durban but from a Crocs shop so they must be available elsewhere. (Amazon I suspect - they do a good line in Crocs, and there's a brand on there called Holeys that are very similar)

The sandals are light and strappy and look quite good.

berdie Sat 26-Jul-14 11:24:09

DW says try "White Rose" shopping centre if you are in the Leeds area.

Coolgran65 Sat 26-Jul-14 21:08:35

Loads of them on Amazon smile

Ariadne Sat 26-Jul-14 21:38:22

Think I mentioned that! smile

hildajenniJ Sat 26-Jul-14 22:40:24

I've just got a pair of betula birkenstock sandals in orange multi, bought from QVC. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn, flat, with a wide velcro fastening bar over the front. My feet are a bit narrow for Crocs.

Anne58 Sat 26-Jul-14 23:27:53

I really do love my Birkenstocks, and I'm pretty sure that in a previous post involving a staircase and some cat vomit, my birkenstocks played a role as in Mr P suggesting that I might wear (and I quote) "You know, those lesbian sandals that you bought in Munich"

shysal Sun 27-Jul-14 07:34:40

I like the look of the sandals, although would prefer the option of a heel strap. Does anyone know if they would be suitable for a wide foot (just the one, as I have a bunion)?

Ana Sun 27-Jul-14 12:29:22

Would just mention that Birkenstocks from Amazon seem to be a lot cheaper than from QVC, for anyone who might be interested in buying a pair.

durhamjen Sun 27-Jul-14 12:33:04

Everything is cheaper from Amazon because they do not pay their taxes.

Ana Sun 27-Jul-14 12:50:27

Right you are, durhamjen...

apricot Sun 27-Jul-14 12:56:19

My daughters say Birkenstocks are acceptable and I've just bought new ones after 4 years of the previous pair. Crocs, according to my bunch of fashion dictators are NOT. Except on toddlers. Sorry.

jannora Sun 27-Jul-14 20:31:57

I have just bought skechers go walk, they're like slip on trainers but they are so comfortable, you need the size below yours as they are American,

hildajenniJ Sun 27-Jul-14 21:04:08

I have just bought a pair of Cotton Traders walking sandals to replace my worn out Reikers. They have a knobbly? Footbed and I didn't thinkI was going to like them, but they are very comfortable for walking a distance in. Pity we have to wear closed-in shoes for work.

JessM Sun 27-Jul-14 21:06:14

I have lace up sketchers. Very comfy but not enough support for a serious walk. Great for choir! Nearest thing to bare feet.

Coolgran65 Sun 27-Jul-14 21:16:43

Ariadne - I was agreeing with you smile
I've never thought of getting crocs before and when you mentioned that they were on Amazon I went and had a look. Lots of different styles. Thanks.

Nanalogue Sun 27-Jul-14 21:17:32

Haha, love my Birkenstocks, SOoooo comfy, but love them even more now phoenix thank you!

hildajenniJ Sun 27-Jul-14 21:20:44

We have a Regatta outlet near by. I buy my trainers from there. I have one pair of smart shoes. I live in my sandals or trainers. I once went to the GP with a foot complaint and was told that trainers were the best things to wear on your feet.

Nanalogue Sun 27-Jul-14 21:21:19

Also love Fitflops, tho rather expensive.

Lilygran Sun 27-Jul-14 22:32:35

Live in Crocs when not in trainers!