Gransnet forums

Chat

Nice to be needed.

(7 Posts)
NanKate Tue 29-Jul-14 11:54:51

Just had an email from my DS who is on work and hols in the Caribbean with this wife and two sons 3+ and 1+ - it sound idyllic !!

I have just had an email to say the children don't like the food, the big one keeps walloping the little one, their sleep patterns are totally out, and the little one's allergies are made worse by the weather. They are just praying that all will settle down in a few days.

DS said he and wife were discussing why these hols were just not working out and they had come to the conclusion that there were No Grandparents to help out. He said how much they appreciated what we do when we are with the kids and all would become perfect if we could fly out NOW and sort them all out.

I can see another UK beach holiday being considered as we speak. grin

whenim64 Tue 29-Jul-14 12:11:04

Spot on, NanKate. My lot are holidaying in a big country lodge in North Wales and at present there are four grandchildren there, with four adults. I stayed a couple of days and my son, fiancée and three kids will arrive later today. Then, when one family leaves on Friday, two more adults and children will arrive. Whilst there, two year old ended up sharing my bed at 2am and mum got up at 9, feeling refreshed. Just got a text asking if I fancy going back as the children want someone to listen patiently and distract them when they start playing up. They've decided they should book it again around Christmastime and I should stay THE WHOLE TIME! It was lovely there, and so was coming home to the quiet and sanctuary of my little house grin

harrigran Tue 29-Jul-14 12:17:59

I had a similar message last week when I asked how GC were enjoying the holiday, "they are playing up" came the reply. This week they are camping and they are not that far from where we are, watch this space.

Terrafirma1 Tue 29-Jul-14 12:52:58

Well if they are emailing you your ticket/fare what are you waiting for? smile

Charleygirl Tue 29-Jul-14 14:09:40

GNs I hope that the pay rise is worth it. It would appear that you are at least appreciated and your absence has been noted.

GrannyTwice Tue 29-Jul-14 14:31:29

We've already arranged to go together to Brittany in 10 days time - I'm really looking forward to it. I love having that time together and always hope for the coming into bed in the early hours for a snuggle!

ninathenana Tue 29-Jul-14 14:47:02

We'd already booked Butlins for ourselves DS, DD, SiL and 2DGS of course SiL won't be coming now. I still see plenty of babysitting on the cards though as DD will probably go out in the evenings with her brother.
My mum used to come on holiday with us all the time when our two were young. She was brilliant, we would all go off in the car for the day and go our separate ways meeting for the journey back to the caravan. In the evenings she'd take the children back and put them to bed.

Where would the world be without grans smile