Gransnet forums

Chat

Being a great grandmother

(6 Posts)
Iam64 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:27:35

Congrats Petallus and how lucky you are to see him often. It sounds as though you can just dote, whilst your daughter does the besotted baby sitting and support role

petallus Sat 15-Nov-14 08:21:38

Thanks for congrats smile

I do think of myself as sitting on the sidelines and feel content with things being that way.

I wonder how many of us on GN are GG parents.

Marelli Fri 14-Nov-14 19:02:07

Congratulations, petallus! My Gt.Grandson is 4 now, I recognise your feelings too, as I felt much the same. My DD was made a grandma for the first time and DGD turned to her for advice (and the odd bit of help!) whereas I sat on the sidelines and looked on. I felt really good about this, actually, because I know how absolutely besotted my DD would be with her grandson. I see him often but not as deeply involved as I was with my grandchildren when they were tiny.

whenim64 Fri 14-Nov-14 18:46:39

Congratulations, Petallus that's lovely news flowers

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 14-Nov-14 18:43:38

Oh that's lovely petallus. Congratulations.

I cannot begin to imagine being a great-granny. It's not going to happen for a while I bloomin' hope, being as elder gs is only 13!.

No. I can imagine you wouldn't feel quite so involved. Enjoy all the same.

petallus Fri 14-Nov-14 18:37:02

I became a great grandmother a week ago when my GS and his partner became the proud parents of a baby boy.

We are all thrilled but I notice that I do not feel as involved as I did when my GC were born. My daughter (the grandmother), on the other hand, is already infatuated with her GS.

My youngest GS is still only 9 so that might be something to do with it.

I wonder how other GNetters experienced becoming GGparents.