Gransnet forums

Chat

Tracking Tristram!

(27 Posts)
Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 11:57:54

Very excited, Tristram is now approximately 1 hour 30 minutes away! He is in Hatherleigh, delivery parcel number 20, I am parcel 34 tchgrin

Easily pleased, aren't I tchgrin

Love this live tracking thing!

loopylou Thu 04-Dec-14 14:35:36

Wonderfully amusing thread, just what I need! Wondered how delivery man managed to deliver on time too. Mine is number87, and last time I looked number47 is being delivered 56 miles away..... Will need to move faster than Santa to be here in an hour.

MiniMouse Wed 03-Dec-14 23:59:38

Sorry phoenix I should have said my ramblings seeing as I hijacked your thread tchblush

MiniMouse Wed 03-Dec-14 23:53:25

Yes, I thought the same! Tristram's probably confused enough without our ramblings tchwink

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 22:58:52

Oh Mini you know already that you are "preaching" (only using that word because it fits the phrase) to the converted!

Perhaps a new thread might be called for? Not least because there might be a lot of GN'ers out there who might have good advice to offer, yet might not come to a thread with the title " Tracking Tristram" !

Might I suggest you start one, with a title of your own choosing, of course! tchsmile

MiniMouse Wed 03-Dec-14 19:37:04

Yes, she's Freya! My OH is at work all day, so no instant removal from that quarter! She's been with us since mid-October and has only just started doing this. She's definitely going through the 'testing the boundaries' phase, hence the rather 'open' lacework in our net curtains, but I'm not sure that's what this is about. I'm making her sound really naughty, which she isn't! She's actually got the most wonderful nature and is a fluffy bundle of utter gorgeousness most of the time tchwink She's put a pound in weight on, which is good considering that when we first met her you could see her bones through her fur angry and her fur has thickened and gone glossy. Not that I'm the slightest bit obsessed, you understand tchgrin

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:54:58

Poor Freya! (I take it that is still the name you settled on?)

Sorry, not entirely sure of your domestic situation, is there someone else in the house who can remove her from your poor back with a firm "NO" and put her down somewhere?

How long has she been with you now? (I seem to remember that you put off taking ownership as you were going away, could be wrong, often am!)

MiniMouse Wed 03-Dec-14 17:45:31

phoenix No idea how to train her out of this one! She catches me unawares and, if I try to shift her, her claws go in deeper to save herself (as she evidently sees it!) We're trying to find a balance between not spoiling her, but treating her gently as she obviously had a very bad time previously. Cats Protection don't know her full history, apart from being starved, even with kittens tchangry

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:22:51

I think they might have a bit of a task on their paws with these, absent ! tchgrin

Well, I bloody hope so....tchhmm

absent Wed 03-Dec-14 17:20:49

Oh phoenix there is no such thing as cat proof furniture. They would still find a way to destroy chairs made of titanium.

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 16:22:50

Oh heavens! That's not good! And she looked so demure in her photo!

How on earth as you going to train her out of that habit? tchconfused

MiniMouse Wed 03-Dec-14 15:31:49

Spot on phoenix! She's suddenly decided to take up mountaineering and now climbs up the back of everything instead of just jumping up on to the seat. This also includes the back of me and I now sport a fetching collection of puncture marks and claw skidmarks down my back tchshock

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:23:18

Ah Mini I guess your new arrival is making her presence felt!

Net curtains, alas no, the only one in the house (at our bedroom window) now has a peep hole slashed through it tchangry where a certain Oliver Sprout launches himself onto the windowsill to indulge in a spot of ornithology! I must say however that he never scratches the furniture.

The old chairs had wooden legs and the dreaded faux leather seats and backs. The seats had split quite badly (I had complained about them as this happened when they were less than 3 years old) and unfortunately Digby is a furniture scratcher, so he had left his mark on the backs.

When the new fridge freezer arrived, it of course made other things look very shabby indeed, so we decided that we would have new chairs, as a sort of Christmas present to ourselves.

After trawling Amazon, I found this place www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/bar-stools/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAhvujBRDUpomG5cq_mI0BEiQA7TYq-gCKVc5V6S8VBeHm1I9K2uZhYBZQXAHF7m-5R3V0UU4aAqod8P8HAQ

and set about eliminating all chairs with fabric or leather (inc faux) parts, so unless Digby suddenly develops a previously unshown ability to handle a screwdriver, they are cat proof!

MiniMouse Wed 03-Dec-14 13:50:41

Going off piste here, but phoenix what makes your new chairs catproof? Do they do catproof net curtains as well? Desperate of West Sussex sad

Ana Wed 03-Dec-14 13:24:43

Hermes came right to my door yesterday, down a steep flight of steps in the murk, and knocked on my door! It was a woman, though...grin

whenim64 Wed 03-Dec-14 13:16:18

I love this level of tracking - so refreshing after Hermes, whose mission statement appears to be 'spit on the parcel, drop it in their bin on collection day and never, ever smile!' grin

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 13:16:13

I don't think he was really, but the van symbol was the wrong way round, if you see what I mean?

Nonnie Wed 03-Dec-14 13:11:52

Why was he driving backwards?

Gagagran Wed 03-Dec-14 13:05:15

I was tracking Clive yesterday - great fun. I was parcel no 70 so the poor chap must have been absolutely shattered by the end of the day. He came at 2.45pm right in the middle of my forecast delivery time. How do they manage to do that?

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:59:04

Hooray!

I now have 4 new cat-proof dining chairs tchgrin

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:41:08

He's on parcel 32 now!

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:40:23

Should I ask him why he's had to drive backwards?

Agus Wed 03-Dec-14 12:37:52

Of course I know it's not the case but it does make one feel as if one is getting a very personal service wink

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:34:30

www.dpd.co.uk/apps/tracking/?parcel=15502675925260

Anne58 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:33:32

I think this one will come down to 15 minutes, or even less!

The only thing that is a tad worrying is that according to the little van icon on the map, he appears to be having to do the whole journey in reverse gear tchconfused

Nonnie Wed 03-Dec-14 12:29:34

Phoenix you are getting very sad!!!!! [thsmile]

We had an exceptional one yesterday they gave us a slot of 10 minutes!