Gransnet forums

Chat

Their Christmas cards

(11 Posts)
Eloethan Sun 14-Dec-14 18:56:21

Did you read one of the comments underneath "Three traitors who should be hanged". I don't think he's quite got the idea of the "season of goodwill"!

Ana Sun 14-Dec-14 14:21:06

You're right, rubysong - and no one noticed! tchgrin

These are this year's

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30342954

rubysong Sun 14-Dec-14 13:57:38

Those are their cards from 2011. This year's were in the paper a couple of weeks ago. The Millibands were at the kitchen table drawing with their children, the Cleggs were mucking about with a Santa hat (as if in a photo booth), Dave and Sam Cam were standing outside number ten, with Chelsea pensioners I think. The scariest was one of the Blairs with very weird smiles.

soontobe Sat 13-Dec-14 15:11:49

Eds is best. The other two are try too hard cards.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 13-Dec-14 12:19:44

Not sure why I said that about a bit of holly on Ed's. It's got a very Christmassy border. (obviously I wasn't quite awake) tchhmm

Yes, I think his is the best.

Ana Sat 13-Dec-14 10:23:02

Ed's is lovely - I agree, he looks normal and relaxed for a change. I don't get Cameron's either - it's just a press photo from some event they attended...

Agus Sat 13-Dec-14 10:12:22

I like the simplicity of Nick Clegg's card, probably because I don't like cards with family photo's.

The Cameron's looks too staged compared to the happy family photo of the Millibands

baubles Sat 13-Dec-14 09:57:11

I like Ed's too, it looks like a happy family. I'm using my phone and can't read the captions on the balloons on Nick's. Don't particularly like the Camerons' for a christmas card, it is a perfectly nice photo though.

merlotgran Sat 13-Dec-14 09:56:30

I don't get David Cameron's card at all. It's an old photo and they're not even his children. hmm

What has a Union Flag painted face got to do with Christmas?

thatbags Sat 13-Dec-14 09:51:50

I like Ed's best. He actually looks normal instead of totally out of his depth, as he often looks in public pics. Mind you, I daresay the meeja photographers make sure of that one way or another wink

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 13-Dec-14 09:34:33

What do you think of them?

Dave's is a nice pic, but not Christmassy. Still, I suppose he has to be quite formal.

Ed's is a nice family picture, but a bit of holly would have been good.

Nick's is very sweet, but the smallest kid's message puts too much pressure on parents perhaps? shock