Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
rubysong Sat 27-Dec-14 11:59:55

Morning (just). Sunny in Cornwall after a very wet start.

KatyK Sat 27-Dec-14 11:24:32

Good morning. Lots of snow in Brum last night. I feared it would put paid to our Boxing Day family get together but everyone turned up and a good night was had by all tchsmile. The snow has all disappeared now.

thatbags Sat 27-Dec-14 11:09:29

Morning all! We have frost and some sunshine and I am having part of a gingerbread house for breakfast smile

baubles Sat 27-Dec-14 11:02:45

Good morning all. We have a light snowfall at the moment after freezing fog yesterday.

Today will be relaxing and quiet I hope.

Brendawymms Sat 27-Dec-14 10:47:11

Went to the shops this morning just to get some bread and the supermarket was nearly empty and the charity shop I help in had no customers today at all. Everyone eating up the over provision I expect.

hildajenniJ Sat 27-Dec-14 10:10:54

Good morning everyone. We had rain last night, unfortunately no snow! We have relatives over from South Africa who want some snow. This morning it is dry, bright and cold. Preparing to go to DD's tomorrow with the Christmas gifts for the DGC.

Charleygirl Sat 27-Dec-14 10:07:29

I agree "Lona* I had "no signal" because of the heavy rain yesterday evening. Went to bed early to read but I was wakened at 3am by the very windy night with howling winds and did not get to sleep until after 5am. At least I do not have fences which have fallen down. I think that this will be day 3 at home.Now we have no more rain or high winds at NW London, even some sunshine.

Lona Sat 27-Dec-14 09:55:44

Good morning all! We had a lot of rain last night, a dusting of snow, and a bit of frost this morning, which has nearly gone.
After a boring day yesterday, I feel almost obliged to go out for a walk. At least there's a couple of films on tv today. hmm
It makes me cross when there are so many people alone over Christmas who rely on tv, and on Boxing day it was rubbish!

Rant over!

Greyduster Sat 27-Dec-14 09:43:36

Good morning all. Four inches of snow yesterday evening here, DH is now outside clearing the drive so that son and DiL can get off home to York. Fields look beautiful, and lots of little ones out sledging, but I want it to go quickly!

Ariadne Sat 27-Dec-14 09:23:23

It has finally stopped raining here in Bideford, but not for long, I fear...very stormy last night!

Second wave of Christmas (and an 11th birthday) tomorrow, as DSs and their families arrive here, since I couldn't travel. Going to be delicious chaos - all six DGC together! Sainsburys delivery due at 10.00, cake to ice, candles to find etc. tchsmile

harrigran Sat 27-Dec-14 09:17:01

Good morning from a frosty north east. Could be worse my sister is visiting GC in Liverpool and they have snow. I think it will be another day in front of the TV today.

annsixty Sat 27-Dec-14 09:16:49

Good morning all. The snow that fell in Stockport last evening did not last long and today it it colder. Yet another very quiet (lazy) day for us.

daffydil Sat 27-Dec-14 09:15:45

Wet in our part of Essex too and very windy. Nothing particular planned for today but I will probably spend a bit of time with one of my new books. Daughter sent us home with cold meats, mashed potatoes etc so I have the makings of an easy to prepare meal.
appygran I lived in Chester for a while - my second child was born there. Lovely city.
Happy day everyone.

nannotgran Sat 27-Dec-14 08:38:53

We are very wet in north essex it pored down last night roads were flooded,but this morning it's stoped and its very windy so it may dry up

gma Sat 27-Dec-14 08:36:04

Morning all!
Grey and cloudy but dry at the moment here in East Norfolk. Lots of torrential rain last evening, but no snow!. Will go out for a walk later and collect papers, and then sort out bedroom upstairs which is full of Christmas wrapping accessories and discarded carrier bags. New Christmas books to read, just as soon as I finish "etta and otto and Russell and james" which I am thoroughly enjoying!!well that's my Saturday .

whitewave Sat 27-Dec-14 08:32:15

Up for a couple of hours one of my sleepless nights Listened to the wind. No snow here though DH has gone out with t he dog.

Brendawymms Sat 27-Dec-14 08:17:50

Good morning everyone.
Here in East Sussex it's blowing. Gale, extremely windy but not raining. Need to get out today and buy some bread. Could not order it from the milkman for some reason.
My face looks like I have done several rounds with a boxer from Tuesday's dental operation and although haven't really eaten much since weight seems the same.

Juliette Sat 27-Dec-14 08:12:02

Cold and snowy here in N.Staffs. Not going far today so shall admire it through the window. Stay warm everyone.

Kiora Sat 27-Dec-14 07:58:19

Morning Mick it looks damp and breezy here in kent. Not sure how cold it is not gone out yet. Out to the supermarket now to get fresh bread for friends travelling from Germany up to North east UK. Have a good day everyone. Ps making turkey stock today my friend says it makes the house smell like a fart stinky

kittylester Sat 27-Dec-14 07:54:14

Good morning all!

Our snow did stick but luckily it is not too deep so just looks pretty rather than being a nuisance!

Having said that, I have to go and visit Mum in hospital.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

appygran Sat 27-Dec-14 07:28:42

Good morning Mick and everyone. Snow overnight in Chester but it did not stick. Just waiting for it to go light so that I can go and walk off some of the Christmas calories.

12Michael Sat 27-Dec-14 07:07:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but cold out here in Brackley looks icy, but attempts Snow so far did not last.
Mick