Gransnet forums

Chat

OW...OW...OW....OUCH !!!!!!

(10 Posts)
Mishap Sun 28-Dec-14 20:51:16

Good news!

numberplease Sun 28-Dec-14 20:21:23

Thank you all for the sympathy and flowers, they`re much appreciated, especially as other friends? thought it was hilarious. No need to visit A & E though, it`s fine now, but was very painful for a couple of hours.

annodomini Sun 28-Dec-14 14:07:41

Oops, number. Sympathy.

sparkygran Sun 28-Dec-14 13:50:39

I had no idea so many people abuse their toes as I do it`s very comforting to know I`m not alone. flowers Numberplease to help ease the pain

vampirequeen Sun 28-Dec-14 10:12:59

My toes have taken the brunt of many incidents over the years and I sympathise with you totally.

Teetime Sun 28-Dec-14 09:52:52

OOoo nasty!! as a veteran of many toe-related traumas I feel your painflowers

janeainsworth Sun 28-Dec-14 09:18:47

I feel your pain number.hmm
Whatever you do though, don't plunge your hand into a bin to squash the contents down without checking there are no empty cans with sharp rims in there first. A friend of mine did that and spent a considerable time at hospital having things stitched back together again sad
Perhaps bins should be banned hmm

alex57currie Sun 28-Dec-14 09:12:43

number ( visualise gasp ). You poor thing. Been there, done that etc. Might you need it x-rayed incase of break/fracture? Try and keep off it . I surgically taped mine to my other toes. Once a A&E determined it was broken, that was all they advised me along with open toed shoes. Incidently, I have broken 5 various toes over the last few years. Please accept these flowers

Nelliemoser Sun 28-Dec-14 00:42:25

Ouch!

numberplease Sat 27-Dec-14 23:55:58

Whilst scraping some food leftovers into the kitchen swing bin, I didn`t realise till it was too late that the bin liner had come away from the side of the bin, so the mess had gone down into the bin itself, meaning the bin had to be emptied and cleaned there and then. In order to make the food come loose without actually touching it, I lifted the bin up, and banged it down on the floor as hard as I could...........but missed the floor and banged my big toe instead! They probably heard me scream 30 odd miles away in Lincoln!!