Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Jan-15 07:09:58

Good Morning Everyone,
its a dry but cold start here in Brackley the dawn is about to break.
Mick

loopylou Wed 07-Jan-15 07:21:29

Good morning!
Lovely full moon with a halo round it, means bad weather doesn't it?

Marelli Wed 07-Jan-15 07:29:13

Good morning from Fife. The rain is battering against the window as I write this. Looks like it's not going to change much all day. Feel the need to be out and about a bit, though - still feel a bit 'stir-crazy' after Christmas. hmm

Grannyknot Wed 07-Jan-15 07:36:43

Morning! Dark and cold here in SW London. I'm getting really good at staying under the covers till it gets properly light.

NfkDumpling Wed 07-Jan-15 07:36:53

Morning All

An incredibly clear yellow moon rose last night and this morning is crisp and clear with a red sunrise. It's supposed to be nice this morning before Marelli's weather reaches us. I think an early walk calls before we're stuck indoors too.

Agus Wed 07-Jan-15 07:42:12

Morning everyone. Dark stormy morning in W Scotland. I'll just have another coffee and see how the day unfolds. I'm sure it won't include sunshine

nannotgran Wed 07-Jan-15 07:58:54

Very cold thick frost,blue and red sky,temperature 1 staying put today,_______my new dentist was very nice thank goodness.have a good day

Lona Wed 07-Jan-15 08:00:23

Morning all, a mainly wet day is forecast here, but it hasn't started yet!
First exercise class of the year, which is always hard hmm, so I'm slowly preparing for the shock to my podge body.

Have a good day sunshine

ffinnochio Wed 07-Jan-15 08:12:01

Good morning all. Still foggy, but not freezing. Told by eye doc. yesterday I have cataracts in both eyes. Pissed off about that! Ah well......at least they can be fixed in due course.

loopylou Wed 07-Jan-15 08:20:31

That's tough ffinnochio flowers
My 90 year old father had his done last year and for first time in 80 years only needs specs for reading (bought from Sainsburys!) seems very strange seeing him without specs.

Brendawymms Wed 07-Jan-15 08:29:48

Good morning all.
I had cataracts done three years ago ffnnochii and it's no problem at all and you will see much better. Colour on steroids until you get used to it and you may need sun glasses for a few days until you get used to great sight again. Get the best lenses you can it makes a big difference. I don't need glasses for reading only sewing.

Very bright moon and stars last night. Frosty calm and clear here today in East Sussex.

hildajenniJ Wed 07-Jan-15 08:30:55

Good morning everyone.
The wind is rising and the rain just beginning in Northumberland. Not a day for going out!
Fortunately I have some ironing to do! Birthday cards to write to DD and DGD, both have birthdays this weekend GD will be 8.

vegasmags Wed 07-Jan-15 08:51:43

Filthy morning here in Manchester. Off to Slimming World shortly for the post Christmas weigh in - should be fun, not - then back home to finish reading our book group latest in preparation for our meeting this evening. Went to choir last night for the first rehearsal of the term and then had Mozart's requiem running through my head for hours and couldn't get off to sleep grin

daffydil Wed 07-Jan-15 09:21:14

Frosty and cold but bright sunshhine here in Mid Essex. Good day for washing the bed linen. Glad you like your new dentist nannotgran.
Hope everyone has a good day.

ffinnochio Wed 07-Jan-15 09:26:24

Thanks Brenda and loopy. smile.

Juliette Wed 07-Jan-15 09:37:55

Rain, rain, rain. Dog walk, ironing, rain. Just about sums it all up really. Not as miserable as I sound. hmm

ShowerGel Wed 07-Jan-15 10:00:39

Grey, grey, grey
Have a nice day

I can't remember who it was but did the 'cat approval' visit go okay yesterday?

whitewave Wed 07-Jan-15 10:14:22

ffin sorry to hear that, but I suppose the good news is that everyone seems to think that they can be dealt with very successfully. It is really something you could do without!

Sunny frosty start to the day now clouding over and becoming much milder. Waiting for the rain that is forecast to start. Frost to begin with underfoot on our walk which had all melted by the time we got back

kittylester Wed 07-Jan-15 10:44:29

Morning.

Cold and miserable here and it looks like it can only get worse! sad

Back to collecting DGS1 and DGD1 from school as their father has a new job with NO flexi-hours. Then, maybe a trip to Hemel Hempstead to collect DD2 who has broken her wrist (ice skating!) and her 2 children (if she has to have it operated on) as her DH has started a new job and doesn't think it would look good to have time off on day 4! It never rains but it pours in Lesterland! No Mum visiting today - I hope!

Anyone seen Ariadne - isn't today her birthday and her operation day too? If I'm right, many happy returns Ariadne and hope the op goes well - if you have it. flowers And, thank you for giving me permission to start a sentence with an 'and'. I do it a lot now and it makes me smile every time! grin

Gagagran Wed 07-Jan-15 11:01:55

showergel - it was me and yes thanks it did! We are approved adopters of cats now and have an appointment to go and pick up our chosen one(s) on Friday afternoon. The Mum and daughter on their website are still available so I have asked if they can be kept for us. Feel really happy at the thought of having lovely purry puss cats again! smile

whitewave Wed 07-Jan-15 12:08:15

Oh gaga how lovely!