Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Jan-15 06:52:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark ,looks like overnight frosty so maybe slippy out this morning here in Brackley.
Mick

Oldgreymare Fri 16-Jan-15 07:18:02

Good morning Mick and everyone, still dark here too. Hoping for some sunshine!

ninathenana Fri 16-Jan-15 07:24:16

Morning all.

Still fairly dark here too. I have been awake on and off since 4 am, which is unusual for me.
It's very still and dry.

Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Fri 16-Jan-15 07:25:44

Morning Mick, morning everyone!

Dark and cold in North Leicestershire!

This week I took DS1 to the GP and waited an hour as they were running late, took DD2 to the hospita in Watfordl to get her wrist checked and they were running an hour late. Took DS for his botox jab and they were running an hour late too! Last night DGD2 landed heavily on her mother's broken wrist so we are off to A & E this morning! I expect we will be a while! grin

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

NfkDumpling Fri 16-Jan-15 07:31:25

Morning All

Dawning clear and very chilly here. Off to art class this morning. Hopefully it'll take my mind off eating as it's a 500 calorie day today. Got to stick to it.... Got to stick to it....!

Sounds like you need them to run late Kitty - just to give yourself time for a sit down with a coffee and a good book!

Happy Friday Everyone.

hildajenniJ Fri 16-Jan-15 08:01:09

Good morning all. The car told me the temperature outside is 3°c this morning. It is dry and bright in this bit of Northumberland. I've just seen the local news, and otters are breeding in the river Allen which is not far from my house.

daffydil Fri 16-Jan-15 08:56:01

Good morning everyone.
Cold and overcast in mid Essex, grey skies.
kitty I agree, take a book, have a coffee or just people watch while you are waiting. I find people watching interesting.

Charleygirl Fri 16-Jan-15 09:16:35

Thankfully the high winds have vanished and my house, fencing and shed appear to be all intact. At least it is dry in NW London. I must get my mental act together and go out. I would prefer to stay in a cosy house.

nannotgran Fri 16-Jan-15 09:26:13

The internet disconnects every 10mins or so. It stopped twice whilst I completed this form.
The internet light went red and the broadband light flashed

Agus Fri 16-Jan-15 09:52:16

Morning everyone, the howling wind and torrential rain has finally stopped. Hope I'm not speaking too soon! A light dusting of snow overnight but nothing to be concerned about. Clouds are clearing and we may even have some sunshine.

I am doing a bit too much of the staying in cosy house thing too Charley but since I started this post, the sky has changed and it's now snowing! I may still go out though smile

Lona Fri 16-Jan-15 10:00:37

Good morning all, we seem to be very lucky here, just windy last night and a bit damp this morning.
hildajennij How's your dad doing, has he settled in the home?

I'm all in favour of staying in and being cosy, but I've been catching up on housework a bit so that I don't feel too guilty!
Out for lunch today though. Yippee!

harrigran Fri 16-Jan-15 10:37:20

Good morning, dry and calm today. I will be staying in today as I still have this horrible virus, my muscles are painful from the explosive sneezing and the hacking cough. The good news is that blood tests show that I am not in heart failure, every cloud .......

kittylester Fri 16-Jan-15 10:43:42

That's good to hear harri! The heart failure bit, I mean obviously!! Get well soon! flowers

soontobe Fri 16-Jan-15 11:16:40

I would like to go on these Good morning threads sometimes, but I dont want to say where I live except in the UK.
Does that exempt me from these types of threads really?

soontobe Fri 16-Jan-15 11:18:22

Poor you harrigran.
There was a lot of illness in this area around christmas, lots of christmases ruined by some sort of cough virus.

soontobe Fri 16-Jan-15 11:18:48

Here, very cold. But a lot calmer than the last few days.

Galen Fri 16-Jan-15 11:30:13

Cold and bright

thatbags Fri 16-Jan-15 11:38:05

Morning folks! Apparently the wind howled all night but I slept through it all. That's three nights this year when I slept right through. I think I've broken last year's record already. Long may this change continue!

Some snow overnight and a short-lived whiteout or two, now sunny. I'm working on a quilting project.

Get well soon, harri flowers

KatyK Fri 16-Jan-15 11:42:45

Morning all. Birmingham is bright and sunny. Off for a walk now. sunshine