Gransnet forums

Chat

Can anyone explain........

(22 Posts)
loopylou Mon 26-Jan-15 19:55:09

At least I give the children an excuse for laughing at me smile - I just remind them they'll get like it too when older!

Crafting Mon 26-Jan-15 19:46:12

I have had a bad memory all my life for as long as I can remember confused so I don't tend to worry too much if I do daft things .....but I do wonder how I will ever know if I have dementia. I would never pass a dementia test I can't remember any of the questions or answers. In fact I Amy be a lot older than I think I am grin

Mishap Sun 25-Jan-15 22:29:33

I've been organising for my DD to accompany my OH on Tuesday to some lung and heart function tests that he is very worried about - only to find it is not for another 2 weeks. Sigh.

And the other day I threw away a whole litre of oat milk because I thought it tasted off - it was not oat milk, but cow's milk and I had confused the cartons.

I am always doing daft things.

Stansgran Sun 25-Jan-15 22:24:53

I'm having a serious clear out of paper work. I've just found a cheque which wasn't paid in. Three years ago. So my troubles must have started some time ago. It was a cheque to replace a carpet which my DGD had stained and soaked with one of her "potions". And it was in DH's folder about fishing holidays. Ho hum. I'm hoping the insurance company might still honour it.

merlotgran Sun 25-Jan-15 22:14:53

I am feeling terribly guilty for doing something stupid. I thought I had booked our dogs into kennels (owned by a friend) for 23rd Feb. She rang on Friday afternoon to ask why I hadn't turned up. Apparently I'd booked them in for 23rd Jan.

Thank goodness it's winter and she hadn't turned away any bookings. She was very understanding but I'm really cross with myself.

Mishap Sun 25-Jan-15 22:04:13

Oh - you are certainly not on your own!

Katek Sun 25-Jan-15 22:02:08

So glad I'm not on my own with the lapses......I always blame having too much on my mind!

NanKate Sun 25-Jan-15 20:55:19

What a relief it's not just me. smile

I keep going to take an item out of a cupboard that no longer exists. DH takes food out of the freezer in the garage then forgets to bring it inside.
I put my face flannel in the fridge.......I could go on but I won't.

vampirequeen Sun 25-Jan-15 20:49:54

I'm constantly doing daft things. I blame my meds but I fear it's my age grin

ginny Sun 25-Jan-15 19:44:49

The other evening I was emptying the tea pot. I suddenly realised I had poured a perfectly good pint of milk down the sink !

shysal Sun 25-Jan-15 17:27:25

I thought I had lost my mobile phone the other day, whilst on a long walk. I retraced my steps and didn't find it. When I got home I rang it from my landline and heard it ringing in my cosmetic bag! I would never have thought of looking there, but remember answering a text while applying make up that morning.

Wheniwasyourage Sun 25-Jan-15 16:42:24

I keep starting to put food into the dishwasher and dirty dishes into the fridge, which is right beside it. Lucky the loo was flushed! grin

grannyactivist Sun 25-Jan-15 16:36:21

If I added together the number of 'momentary' lapses of concentration I have I'm sure it would amount to at least a month.

Katek Sun 25-Jan-15 16:29:50

They were dh's and fortunately the loo was flushed! Mind you, maybe his socks would benefit from the blue loo thing!

Nelliemoser Sun 25-Jan-15 16:06:30

Easily done! Were they your socks or someone elses?
The really important question would be what was the state of the toilet when you so carelessly lobbed in the socks? wink

Katek Sun 25-Jan-15 16:05:54

smile Not sure if the blue loo thing wouldn't eat them!

durhamjen Sun 25-Jan-15 16:01:21

At least you can wash them in the loo; it wasn't the rubbish bin.

Katek Sun 25-Jan-15 15:54:40

I found it quite funny actually and thought others might as well. We all have these momentary lapses of reason.

durhamjen Sun 25-Jan-15 15:47:26

Can you explain why you are telling us? I'd keep quiet about it if it were me.

Katek Sun 25-Jan-15 15:43:16

Fortunately not!!

merlotgran Sun 25-Jan-15 15:41:11

grin I hope you didn't try and flush them.

Katek Sun 25-Jan-15 15:39:44

.......why I just lifted the lid and threw a pair of socks into the loo instead of the laundry basket sitting beside it?