Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
janerowena Tue 03-Feb-15 12:41:53

The first proper settling snow of the year here too, in east angular. We have about an inch and although the sun has been out for a couple of hours, it is refusing to melt and clear off. I fear I shall need skates or crampons to get to book club tonight - and a cushion strapped to my bottom.

annodomini Tue 03-Feb-15 11:29:35

Good morning all. Freezing here in NE Cheshire and there are still vestiges of last week's snow, though nothing new. It's very calm and the exhaust from the boiler is just going straight up. Two men have just been to collect my suite for re-upholstering, so my small rooms suddenly look very much bigger.

harrigran Tue 03-Feb-15 11:04:17

Good morning, we have blue sky and sunshine but we also have snow.

Elizabeth1 Tue 03-Feb-15 10:36:24

Good morning all and the sun is shining here in the Kingdom of Fife. Unfortunately I've succumbed to the dreaded cold with a raised temperature which is making me feel ill. Everyone around me has had some kind of cold, sickness bug and I thought all had bypassed me. I'll just have to ride the thing out where each day will be a day closer to becoming well again. grin

Brendawymms Tue 03-Feb-15 09:21:47

Good morning all.
No snow in the Weald of East Suusex. It's quite cloudy today with little wind. My younger DD in mid Kent has a tiny layer of snow.

daffydil Tue 03-Feb-15 09:17:12

Similar here in mid Essex - covering of snow and very cold. Another indoor day for me I think. My mobility isn't great at the best of times so I am reluctant to walk about outside during bad spells of weather. hmm
Good day all.

Falconbird Tue 03-Feb-15 09:14:36

No snow here in W. Country but it's cold. Just my luck - the Central Heating isn't working.

PRINTMISS Tue 03-Feb-15 09:08:44

Good morning all, it looked as if we had a light covering of snow, but that has all gone now, and I think we shall have another fine day, hope so as the washing is on. A visit to the dentist is planned, but not looked forward to, and we are hoping our car will be returned from the repairers, the one they lent us as a courtesy car is like riding in a pedal car, and I need a crane to get me out of it. Enjoy your days.

TerriBull Tue 03-Feb-15 09:02:08

A few miles up the road from Atqui on the edge of Bushy Park we also have snow and looking out the window I can see a set of paw prints on my car.

Atqui Tue 03-Feb-15 08:46:27

Pretty covering of snow in Cobham today.

ninathenana Tue 03-Feb-15 08:38:37

Morning all.
Damp and cold here, I don't know if it was sleet or rain that happened in the night. The sky looks full of snow.

hildajenniJ Tue 03-Feb-15 08:17:25

Good morning all.
We have a clear blue sky, and a very hard frost. -4°c on the way home from work! It promises to be a beautiful day. If it remains cold I won't be venturing out very far.

ginny Tue 03-Feb-15 08:07:26

Fair covering of snow here in North Bucks. Hope it soon melts.

kittylester Tue 03-Feb-15 07:31:12

Good morning g!

We too have a covering of snow and have had a freezing cold night.

Today is another pootling and faffing day for me.

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

NfkDumpling Tue 03-Feb-15 07:20:19

Morning All

Was expecting to wake up to a white world, but we've just got the merest hint of snow - if you look really closely. A very cold night though, so it's probably a bit slippy out there.

Got a meeting here tonight so I'd better make an effort today and clean the place up a bit.

Happy Tuesday Everybody.

Kiora Tue 03-Feb-15 07:11:56

Morning Mick and everyone. There's a tiny smattering of snow and it's cold. Hope those of you with more than a smattering can keep warm.

Greenfinch Tue 03-Feb-15 07:10:52

First snow of Winter in my part of Berkshire. Pity it's not the week-end for the children to play in it. They have been waiting for it for so long (and also hoping for the schools to be closed ! Not enough for that I'm afraid ) smile

loopylou Tue 03-Feb-15 07:06:02

Good morning, we've got a covering here too. Hope goes very quickly.....

Grannyknot Tue 03-Feb-15 07:04:52

Snowing in SW London too! We need a [snowflake]. Morning, everyone.

12Michael Tue 03-Feb-15 06:48:41

Good Morning Everyone,
I have woke up to a snow covering here in Brackley today.
Mick