Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Jun-15 06:51:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky with a little bit of wind here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

Sheena Sat 06-Jun-15 07:19:16

Lovely morning here too...much better than yesterday which was so muggy. It'll be busy on the Downs later for the Derby..the place will be heaving so we are sitting tight !!

What is everyone up to today? we have two of our grandkidlets for the weekend so today we will make a start on the homework....Joy !!! grin

loopylou Sat 06-Jun-15 07:25:49

Beautiful morning here too.

Gardening today, weeds seem to be growing everywhere-and I've got huge oriental poppy plants (definitely not sown by me) popping up all over the place that need reigning in. Some of them are 3' high hmm

Veg patch is growing well, peas, runner beans, beetroot, carrots, courgette so am expecting a glut! At least I'll be able to give plenty away to friends.

Have a lovely weekend everyone sunshine

Oldgreymare Sat 06-Jun-15 07:26:32

Good morning....should be returning home today after helping DGS with last
-minute revision....needed for more next week. Sunny here too, 1300 ft. up in Yorkshire......any GNers about ?

Sheena Sat 06-Jun-15 07:28:26

Loopyloo your veg patch sounds wonderful ! I am green with envy grin !

kittylester Sat 06-Jun-15 07:49:18

Good morning!

Glorious start to the day in North Leicestershire so I will enjoy my regular Saturday morning stroll to the village to the papershop and florist. I haven't seen mum this week so I must do that this afternoon. Hopefully, she will be up but she has a chest infection so we'll have to see.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone! sunshine

hildajenniJ Sat 06-Jun-15 08:20:42

Good morning everyone.
It's cloudy with sun trying to get through. A few spots of rain on the windscreen on the way home from work! It isn't very warm either. I've just been to put on my fleecy sweater, as I was feeling cold.
DS is coming for his lunch, cottage pie is on the menu today.
Have a lovely day all.

Pittcity Sat 06-Jun-15 08:33:01

Beautiful morning in Colchester. Sunny, blue skies and so much fresher than yesterday. We had a couple of thunderstorms yesterday morning and then a really hot muggy day.

Today we are off to town to spend DS birthday money.

ginny Sat 06-Jun-15 08:42:11

Good morning all.

Blue sky and a little breezy here in N. Bucks.

Hoping for a nice walk with the dogs and a bit of a lazy day otherwise.

PRINTMISS Sat 06-Jun-15 09:07:00

A beautiful morning here on the coast too, such a change to wake up and it is WARM. The gardens are looking lovely, and I shall be at the bowls club this afternoon - the perfect place to sit on a fine day - watching the bowling. Can't play at the moment, although not that worried. Had a lovely evening yesterday on the Chichester Canal, a boat trip with fish and chips and good company. Lucky me. Enjoy your days

ninathenana Sat 06-Jun-15 09:53:16

Morning all.

Lovely morning here,much fresher than yesterday.
Yesterdays storm was a few rumbles of thunder a couple of flashes and a few large drops of rain grin yes, literally just a few drops.

Lazy day today, I think after lots of childcare in the week.

Greyduster Sat 06-Jun-15 10:04:15

Good morning folks. Sunny but VERY windy here in South Yorks, and cold with it. Taking it easy this morning after a very long hot drive up from South Wales yesterday afternoon. Spent three sleepless nights at my sister in law's whose dog insisted on sleeping on our bed ("well, that's where she always sleeps, you see!"). If you close the door she just scratches until you let her in. I was like a zombie yesterday! Hotel next time we go!

Judthepud2 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:16:31

And......still cold, grey and windy in Co. Down this morning. Summer seems to be giving us a miss here this year. Heading for the recycling centre with a lot of accumulated detritus. Such fun! hmm

Judthepud2 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:36:11

And now it is pouring with rain! shock

harrigran Sat 06-Jun-15 11:29:27

Good morning, overcast and windy and not at all warm. DH and I are off to Durham for lunch.