Gransnet forums

Chat

My big gs graduated today.

(11 Posts)
Katek Fri 17-Jul-15 19:25:42

We're all very proud of him, he's worked very hard to achieve this. Lovely to see another generation on their way in life.

rubylady Fri 17-Jul-15 19:58:48

What did he get Katek? They do work extremely hard and it is a very important time of their lives. Congratulations to him, and to his family who have obviously shown him the correct path in life for him to tread, with their care, teachings and love, well done to you all, pat yourselves on the back. wine Sorry it's wine, it's a champagne moment. smile

rubylady Fri 17-Jul-15 19:59:30

ps What was his degree in? What does he want to do for a job? X

Katek Fri 17-Jul-15 20:03:36

BEng Mechanical & Offshore Engineering and his lovely girlfriend gained a first in Accountancy. It's such a happy week for everyone. Thanks for the vino-will share it round! smile

Katek Fri 17-Jul-15 20:04:43

He's got a job as on offshore design engineer....one very happy young man.

merlotgran Fri 17-Jul-15 20:07:59

Well done that young man. No wonder you are so proud Katek wine

Coolgran65 Fri 17-Jul-15 20:33:10

Congratulations to your dgs and your family.
I also have watched with pride as my ds graduated.
A wonderful reward for hard work.
A bright future for him and his gf.

rubylady Fri 17-Jul-15 23:00:19

Katek did you DGS meet his girlfriend in college or university, my DS wanted to know? He goes next year, I think he's thinking about his luck being in, lol. smile

Congratulations to all the lovely Grandparents who are going to graduations, you have all been wonderful in bringing up the future generation who have and will have brilliant jobs and great lives. Well done.

wine

Note to GNHQ: Please can we have a champagne bottle or glass emoticon for such occasions? It would be lovely to toast with some fizz.

Katek Fri 17-Jul-15 23:51:17

He did indeed Rubylady! I'm sure your ds will find lots of new friends - and girlfriends - at uni next year.

Love the idea of the champagne emoticon smile

rubylady Fri 17-Jul-15 23:54:22

Thanks Katek I hope your DGS has a lot of celebrations lined up, he, and his girlfriend both deserve it. smile

grannyactivist Sat 18-Jul-15 00:00:51

Katek - it really is a very special moment isn't it? Congratulations are definitely in order. smile