Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Jul-15 06:50:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Nice bright blue sky here in Brackley this morning , is it getting warmer again?
Mick

thatbags Fri 31-Jul-15 06:57:19

Morning all! It's overclouded here today. Rain later. The plan, thus far, is to photograph two small Hypericaceae together to highlight their differences. I've been misnaming one of them for years!

absent Fri 31-Jul-15 06:58:30

As you do bags, as you do.

thatbags Fri 31-Jul-15 07:02:40

I certainly do! I discovered I'd been misnaming a rush too! Proper shocked, I was! wink

nannotgran Fri 31-Jul-15 07:08:26

Bright sunny morning but cold in Manningtree
mist is coming up from the river very eerie Have a good day

whitewave Fri 31-Jul-15 07:09:59

Morning Mick.
Absolutely beautiful morning, although still a chill. No grandchildren today, all went on a dog's picnic yesterday, so will spend the day in the garden cutting back and tidying. Have a couple of gaps so need to plan for next year. Hoorah more plants!!!

Pittcity Fri 31-Jul-15 07:12:18

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Early start with DGS1 arriving at 6am full of beans! Hopefully warming up for the weekend.

NfkDumpling Fri 31-Jul-15 07:24:56

Morning All

Didn't stay on our little boat last night - it was too bloomin' cold! Today has dawned beautiful and sunny, still and warm - and there's a distinct autumn feel in the air. The berries are turning on the rowan too. I do so hope summer isn't over all ready!

Off to spend a couple of nights with DD1 and family collecting DGD2 on the way so she can have a sleep over with her cousins. Then we're bringing DD1's dogs back with us so they can head off to Disneyland Paris next week. Through The Tunnel - so I hope Those in Power sort something out there and things are running smoothly by Monday!

Have a successful day Everyone sunshine

baubles Fri 31-Jul-15 08:20:31

Morning all. Rain on the way I suspect.
No real plans today, hey ho.

hildajenniJ Fri 31-Jul-15 08:30:17

Good morning everyone.
Well the morning looks fair in Northumberland. I am off to Scotland today, helping DD take the DGC home from their holidays. I might get back to normal soon. I am home again on Tuesday. The house will look empty, and be very quiet again.

ginny Fri 31-Jul-15 08:42:16

Saying this quietly from N. Bucks. The sun is up and blue skies. housework, cooking, dog walks and hopefully a bit of garden tidying today. Hope the sun shines for you all.

ninathenana Fri 31-Jul-15 09:06:39

Morning all.

Beautiful morning here no wind and warmer than of late.
Weekly food shop, then an afternoon sitting in the garden smile

harrigran Fri 31-Jul-15 09:14:16

Good morning, very cloudy and not very warm. Out to lunch with sister and BIL, a nice quiet day after looking after GC yesterday.

Anne58 Fri 31-Jul-15 09:17:59

Good morning all, looking good so far, blue sky and some sunshine, might even be a roof down day!

Not working today, but must go food shopping. Himself has requested Salad Nicsoise for supper, that produces a long list of ingredients in itself!

annodomini Fri 31-Jul-15 09:22:50

Good morning all. Blue sky and bright sunshine in NE Cheshire. At 5am I looked out of the bathroom window and saw something moving among the shrubs. When it showed itself it turned out to be a very large fox which appeared to be hoovering up the bird seed that got spilt when I replenished the bird feeders yesterday. He didn't look ill-fed, so perhaps the seeds contain something nutritious or tasty! I've never tried them myself...

Lona Fri 31-Jul-15 09:27:04

Good morning all! It's a lovely sunny start here as anno says sunshine
An exciting day for me, taking rubbish to the tip!

Luckygirl Fri 31-Jul-15 09:48:58

Lovely here in Herefordshire.

I am groping about in a bit of a fog as I have new glasses today - varifocals as always - and they take a while to get used to.

NanaDenise Fri 31-Jul-15 09:51:29

Sunny here in the Surrey Hills, but still chilly. Dog walked and he's now snoozing on the sofa while I am in the office avoiding starting work.

KatyK Fri 31-Jul-15 10:33:35

Good morning. Sunny at the moment in Birmingham. I'm off to meet two ladies for lunch smile

dustyangel Fri 31-Jul-15 10:48:15

Good morning all, lots of cloud this morning. The sun keeps beaming through then disappearing. The surrounding hills are dappled with pattern. sunshine

Galen Fri 31-Jul-15 11:05:29

Sunny, but Wales is a little hazy?

grandMattie Fri 31-Jul-15 11:47:41

Sunny sunshine in E Kent too but it has been rather cold these last few days. Not sure what the rest of the day has to offer - it would be nice to be able to sit out. it is usually vey windy round here, but the "air" is clean. Hoping the weather will hold as No1 son is back from C America on his way to the F East; DGS staying here as well to see his uncle then visiting GDs on the west coast... busy, busy, busy

surely you must have annodomini - don't you eat sunflower, pumkin and other seeds? Delicious, especially toasted

SloeGinny Fri 31-Jul-15 12:30:21

Good afternoon all, the day is mild with blue skies, but not very warm in the Tees Valley.

I've had my hair done this morning, so feeling glam, just hope it lasts the weekend ��.

Bags, I had to google your mystery photo subjects, I didn't even know they were plants! Can you tell I'm not much of a gardener?

I should think you didn't spend the night on your boat Dumpling, it's been freezing cold here overnight. I'm heading for the Dales summer show tomorrow, then a family lunch Sunday, so another one who is hoping the weather stays fine. Have a good weekend everyone.