Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Aug-15 07:12:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky and looks like its going to be warm here in Brackley.
Mick

tanith Sat 22-Aug-15 07:16:59

Good morning from sunny Majorca having such a nice relax here with my daughter and youngest Grandaughter.
Have a lovely day.

nannotgran Sat 22-Aug-15 07:17:54

Realy nice morning in north essex and it is going to be realy hot as the day goes on
daffydilif you are off to the V festival take a big hat ha ha

kittylester Sat 22-Aug-15 07:27:50

Good morning all!

We had a fabulous (or worrying!) red sky first thing but it is now just cloudy and very muggy!

We are going shopping today for cushions, a lamp and some pans - hopefully we can find them all in John Lewis. To give us the strength to cope we are having breakfast in Carluccio's first. grin

grannyactivist Sat 22-Aug-15 07:34:30

A rather damp and misty day in my corner of Devon, but I'm enjoying being home too much to care. smile

kittylester Sat 22-Aug-15 07:49:34

Good to see you home GA! flowers

Bellasnana Sat 22-Aug-15 07:50:53

Good morning all. It's bright and sunny in Thanet this morning. I am up early (for a change) as I'm going up to London to meet a friend from Chester. We have been pals for 46 years so am looking forward to seeing her.

Enjoy your hols, tanith , and I hope everyone has a good day sunshine

Elrel Sat 22-Aug-15 07:56:06

Pleased GD#1 took my new Dyson for a test drive around the house yesterday and watched and discussed Ann Robinson's 'Britain's Spending Habits' series with me. In a couple of hours DS should be here with GS and GD, 4 years and 9 months. Need to have another look at low level around the house for anything the little one can put in her mouth, she wasn't quite crawling last time she visited but certainly is now.
Have a good weekend, everyone!

PRINTMISS Sat 22-Aug-15 08:13:27

Good morning from a bright and sunny coast, we had blue sky all day yesterday which was such a change from the greyness which has been hanging over us. Met friends for lunch at Sainsbury's (we do know how to live), and did a catch-up on latest events. Just going to call in to see our son this morning, then a small shop and home, when I might get the vacuum cleaner out, did that other day, then put it away again quickly. Enjoy your days.

Lona Sat 22-Aug-15 08:17:32

Damp and muggy here in Cheshire, hopefully this afternoon is supposed to be dry! Yesterday was so clammy.
nannot my dgd1 is at the V festival, I hope she's got her wellies!! The forecast looks dire in that area!

Have a good weekend y'all smile

Pittcity Sat 22-Aug-15 08:23:00

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Already very warm and muggy here. Forecast to reach 30 today. Getting the beds changed and washing done before the rain starts tomorrow.

hildajenniJ Sat 22-Aug-15 08:23:41

Good morning everyone.
Bright and sunny in south west Northumberland, but rain is expected later. We did not get out to see Dad yesterday as DH was unwell with a migraine. We are going this morning. I think mornings are a better time to go, in the afternoon he is often too sleepy to be bothered with visitors.
Have a lovely day all.

ninathenana Sat 22-Aug-15 08:51:58

Morning all.
Beautiful morning here in N Kent. It's already warm.
I'm just enjoying a bacon butty shock made by DH. I don't want to waste the weather but can't decide what to do.

harrigran Sat 22-Aug-15 08:58:25

Good morning, overcast this morning after a muggy night. Going on holiday to Scotland, a nice country cottage with the GC and their Daddy, while their Mummy has a week to herself smile

ginny Sat 22-Aug-15 09:00:37

Good morning. Look like it should be a good day i N. Bucks. Little bit of local shopping to do. Looking after the ' grand dogs ' this afternoon so maybe a nice walk down by the river.

daffydil Sat 22-Aug-15 09:11:51

nannotgran I thought I would give V Festival a miss this year grin, it might get pretty uncomfortable in the heat expected.
Good morning all. Already hot and quite uncomfortable here in Chelmsford (home of V Festival). Must change a bed but don't plan to exert myself too much today.

SloeGinny Sat 22-Aug-15 09:16:23

Good morning all from a cloudy Tees Valley.

Mum and Dads mantle clock got home safe and sound yesterday and is striking the quarters and hours in a very comforting and familiar way.

I've got a horse show tomorrow, so getting ready today, hitching up the trailer and making sure I've packed everything I'm going to need.