Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Mon 31-Aug-15 06:56:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its wet and grey typical bank holiday weather this morning here in Brackley.
Mick

kittylester Mon 31-Aug-15 07:03:56

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's pickling down in North Leicestershire so that has put paid to the gardening I was planning to do! Think I'll sort out the basket of babuska pieces - should stave off Alzheimer's for a while.grin

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

ninathenana Mon 31-Aug-15 07:09:53

Morning all.
It's dry at the moment but we had a thunderstorm over night and more rain forecast for most of the day in N Kent.

NanKate Mon 31-Aug-15 07:10:41

Grey, dull and threatening rain in the Thames Valley. It's our local fete today. sad

ninathenana Mon 31-Aug-15 07:11:27

I finished typing, looked up and the rain had started grin

Indinana Mon 31-Aug-15 07:21:10

Morning everyone. Nice bright start to the day here in Devon. Not feeling so bright myself though after having 10 week old DGD spend the night with me, in my bedroom. She's a little darling, but having spent most of the day asleep, she spent most of the night awake. As, of course, did I shock.
I might have to go back to bed once she's been reunited with her mum smile
Hope you all have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday.

NfkDumpling Mon 31-Aug-15 07:27:13

Morning All

DGS (nearly 2) is sitting on my lap wanting Peppa Pig. Everyone else, including the dog, is still in bed. The weather is foul. Don't think we'll be going to the Aylsham Show today!

Now - Peppa Pig - again!

PRINTMISS Mon 31-Aug-15 07:39:41

Good morning everyone - Nfk I read that as Asylum (Aylsham) and wondered what you were planning! We have wet here too, and promised all day. A lovely day yesterday our son for lunch then a surprise visit from our daughter and son in law. That ironing still waits ............... Enjoy your days.

daffydil Mon 31-Aug-15 07:47:47

Good morning everyone.
We have had some rain overnight in mid Essex and though it is dry now we are obviously in for some more. No particular plans for today

nannotgran Mon 31-Aug-15 08:08:39

Chucking it down in north essex this morning.So its a day for house work
so enjoy your day

cornergran Mon 31-Aug-15 08:21:36

Good morning all. Rainy and overcast. Accidents on the close by motorway already. Not a day for going far.

Pittcity Mon 31-Aug-15 08:24:15

Good morning Bank Holiday from soggy Colchester.
I am already developing Autumn sniffles. Is it time to air the big coat?

hildajenniJ Mon 31-Aug-15 08:38:41

Good morning everyone.
It is fair but quite overcast in Tynedale this morning, it could go either way, but I'm hoping for fine!sunshine Nothing much planned for today. DS has a day off today so he's coming for lunch again.
Have a lovely day all.

annsixty Mon 31-Aug-15 08:51:08

Good morning all.
We have woken to a damp morning in Stockport, the first for some time. It was dull yesterday but still warm. Nothing planned today ( or any day actually) but will find some boring task and then ignore it.

SloeGinny Mon 31-Aug-15 09:39:56

Good morning all from a rain soaked Tees Valley on the one day we'd planned to have a day out! Oh well, perhaps we can give the Roman Remains a miss and just go to the farm shop and the pub lunch.

A lovely day yesterday, beautiful weather, we had lunch and wine outside, then our son and DIL asked if we could go down to Norfolk to help with childcare for 2 days at the end of September. It's only collecting the boys from Nursery and having them for perhaps an hour, but it's the first time we've been 'allowed' and it feels great!