Gransnet forums

Chat

Morning all.

(19 Posts)
ninathenana Fri 04-Sep-15 07:41:58

Sorry to see Mick is still absent.
A grey start here in N Kent and cooler. DH and I both have new glasses to collect today £££ sad

cornergran Fri 04-Sep-15 07:54:16

Good morning All. Hope Friday is kind to you. Overcast in our corner of the SW. A need to catch up with our 'to do' list today. Good wishes to Mick. Hope it's just technology letting you down.

daffydil Fri 04-Sep-15 07:55:07

Morning Nina, good morning all.
I was just about to get the ball rolling when I saw Mick was still notin contact and hope he gets in contact soon.
Not a bad start to the day here in mid Essex, cloudy but looks as if it could brighten up.
Hope you all enjoy your day whatever the weather.

Pittcity Fri 04-Sep-15 08:23:10

Good morning from Colchester. Sun is shining but I can see dark sky in the distance. Mixed day methinks.
Quiet Friday now that DGS1 has started school, but I am glad of it as I have a rotten cold.
Sending love to Mick.

Teetime Fri 04-Sep-15 08:38:50

Morning from Melton Mowbray - overcast and a bit chilly so its off to golf before the monthly fresh fish delivery comes this afternoon (straight from Grimsby packed in ice). greatly relived today as GS first day at big school went well and he seems OK with getting the bus.

ginny Fri 04-Sep-15 08:46:03

Good Morning. N. Bucks is overcast today and a bit chilly.

Household chores to do this morning. This afternoon will drop DGS at the 'War hammer' shop and then visit the fabric and haberdashery stall on the market.

Hope it is just Micks internet causing problems again.

nannotgran Fri 04-Sep-15 08:47:43

Morning from north essex plenty of cloud up there but hope we have a dry day
pittcityyour cold is hanging on a bit isn't it hope you are better for the weekend

Indinana Fri 04-Sep-15 08:58:56

Morning everyone from Devon. Still bright and sunny here - blue sky and lots of fluffy clouds (though some are not quite as white as I'd like wink).
We're planning on getting out somewhere today, probably a NT property a bit further afield, one we don't get to visit that often. Got to make the most of what remains of these rapidly shrinking light evenings - in a couple of months our forays will be much closer to home, to avoid driving home in the dark!
Hope you're OK Mick, please come back soon.

Pittcity Fri 04-Sep-15 09:00:53

Thank you nannot , it did get better but is back again as grandkids are both full of germs and I have always caught easily.

SloeGinny Fri 04-Sep-15 09:04:17

Morning all from a rather chilly and overcast Tees Valley.

Just waiting for the hairdresser, so that's my morning sorted.

annsixty Fri 04-Sep-15 09:30:38

Good morning all.
Blue sky and brightish here in Stockport, we had a dry day yesterday.
Just weekly shopping today and a wedding anniversary card and present to get. The couple next door are celebrating their 30th tomorrow and had invited us a few weeks ago, since when they have been on a"holiday of a lifetime" so we haven't seen them.R came round yesterday and when I asked for details, it is at their house, he said oh anytime after 8 but it won't really "kick off until 9" I had to make our excuses as we are getting ready for bed then!!! Old age and all that....

annodomini Fri 04-Sep-15 10:10:29

Good morning. I'm not holding my breath ann, since many days have started off fine lately and then turned gloomy. The forecast says it will be dry, though today the heating has turned itself on.

hildajenniJ Fri 04-Sep-15 13:07:17

Good afternoon everyone.
I am late today after having a very disturbed night and an early start for work. I went straight back to bed at 08.30. and didn't get up again until just after midday. It is fair but cloudy and somewhat chilly in Tynedale today. I must do some dusting and get the vacuum cleaner out this afternoon.
Enjoy what is left of your day everyone.
Come back soon Mick.

ginny Fri 04-Sep-15 13:41:06

Annsixty I had assumed ( I know , one never should) that you are in your sixties. Really, 9 o'clock , too late ?

annsixty Fri 04-Sep-15 13:47:53

Ginny grin I am 78 and DH is 79 and we are very decrepit. No not really but DH has Alzheimer's and by 9pm I am shattered with the constant question and answer sessions that goes on all day, and I get a bit of "me" time with my Kindle in the solitude of my own bedroom.

Pittcity Fri 04-Sep-15 17:21:27

Mick is back on today's other Good Morning thread after wifi trouble smile

ginny Fri 04-Sep-15 22:19:57

Thanks for your response annsixty I understand now. As I said one should not assume, it makes an ass out of u and me as they say. smile

grannylyn65 Sat 05-Sep-15 14:46:41

Who is Mick? smile

ninathenana Sat 05-Sep-15 16:25:29

Mick is the gent that always starts the Good Morning thread. He is as regular as clockwork unless there is a problem. We all get concerned when there is no Mick at 7am smile