Gransnet forums

Chat

what type of animal would you be?

(20 Posts)
Judthepud2 Thu 26-Nov-15 23:43:53

A golden eagle! How amazing would it be to soar over high mountain ranges?

wotanuisanceABC123 Thu 26-Nov-15 23:05:10

A bloke I went out with once said I was like a Rhodisian Ridgeback !!!!! I can't even spell it!

rosesarered Thu 26-Nov-15 21:21:16

Cats sleep in warm places for most of the day, as my DGS says, "awesome"
grin

rosesarered Thu 26-Nov-15 21:19:32

So you must like eating fish granjura be a cat instead, they have a better time and don't have to spend their days in freezing water.

granjura Thu 26-Nov-15 14:56:16

I know, rosesarered ;)

It's just that this is a type of question that arises all the time, and I just can't answer. Worse is when people say 'which do you prefer, England or Switzerland? I love them both, in a very different way and for very different reasons. Swings and roundabouts- some things are so much better, and worse, and vice versa- and on balance, couldn't choose.
And that's ok.

But OK then, I'd also be an otter...

or a dolphin, or ....

Bellanonna Thu 26-Nov-15 10:47:31

Wow! I didn't know there was a prize.

I'll fly with you Henetha. Somewhere nice and warm, then back here when it gets too hot there, and when all the insects have come to life again.

henetha Thu 26-Nov-15 10:42:16

A bird. So that I can fly without having to go to Heathrow.

rosesarered Thu 26-Nov-15 10:18:45

It's just a bit of fun Granjura

rosesarered Thu 26-Nov-15 10:17:42

Why so?

Teetime Thu 26-Nov-15 09:18:27

I'm an elephant! sad

granjura Thu 26-Nov-15 09:11:45

bags, same here.

I can never answer these questions- like all the 'which flower/tree/country/town/animal, etc, etc do you prefer? I love all sorts of flowers (trees, etc) for all sorts of reasons, in different seasons and places- I see no point for a 'competition' and winners and losers all the time. I can tell you I hate carnations though, always have.

thatbags Thu 26-Nov-15 08:50:29

I like being the animal I already am.

Lapwing Thu 26-Nov-15 08:48:43

During the winter a cat curled up in front of the fire with my human catering to my every need.

In the summer - a hedgehog snuffling out all of those slugs to help my human.

vampirequeen Thu 26-Nov-15 08:32:15

A sleek, black cat with piercing green eyes.

Greyduster Thu 26-Nov-15 08:06:18

An otter - then I might be more successful at fishing than I usually am with a rod and line these days!

mollie Thu 26-Nov-15 07:51:04

I was going to suggest a rather nice mother bear because I hibernate in winter but actually I think a cat sounds better. A big fat lazy one...

rosesarered Wed 25-Nov-15 23:43:33

Or a corned beef sandwich.smile

Charleygirl Wed 25-Nov-15 22:13:19

Probably a cat-if I did not like the house that I was living in, I could always move. I also know how to get whatever food I fancy. If I did not like what was in front of me, one sniff and I would walk away. The householder would be so terrified that I would starve that I would quickly be given something I considered to be edible, such as freshly cooked chicken.

rosesarered Wed 25-Nov-15 22:12:09

A cat. Curled up in front of the fire on a comfy rug, curled up on a cosy bed, curled up on a nice warm lap, curled up in a sheepskin catbed, curled up on top of the warm boiler.......you get the idea.

Cherrytree59 Wed 25-Nov-15 22:09:26

Just lately I've seem to be buzzing round like bee or should that be scurrying round like an ant. When actually I would quite like to take life a bit slower like a tortoise and draw my head in to my house and hibernate till spring!