Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-Jan-16 07:02:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks cold out , with a little bit of wind here in Brackley.
Mick

Alea Thu 14-Jan-16 07:05:25

Good morning Mick, and everybody else!
Cold down the road in N. Bucks too and still pitch dark. Oh if only I could just snuggle down under the duvet and go back to sleep. . . . . but things to do, vets and doctors to see.
Maybe a nap later?

cornergran Thu 14-Jan-16 07:11:34

Morning All. Dark, dry and cold after heavy overnight showers in our corner if Somerset. Hope Thursday is kind to you.

loopylou Thu 14-Jan-16 07:19:31

Good morning everyone
Very frosty this morning here in Wiltshire, my black car is completely white!
The road looks pretty slippery too, oh joy ?

Looking like it's set to get even colder too......I wish I could hibernate ?

kittylester Thu 14-Jan-16 07:22:57

Good morning all.

Cold but dry and still dark in North Leicestershire. I'm going to Sainsbury's this morning and I'm so pleased to be back in a routine. We have a library committee meeting today - it looks like being a long one!

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone sunshine

ninathenana Thu 14-Jan-16 07:24:42

Morning all.
Still dark but can't see any frost, sky looks clear as far as I can tell.
Physio this afternoon.

12Michael Thu 14-Jan-16 07:27:25

Its trying to Snow here in Brackley now.
Mick

Alea Thu 14-Jan-16 07:28:10

☃☃☃?

thatbags Thu 14-Jan-16 07:39:53

Off to Edinburgh later to attend jane10's book launch at Blackwell's. Meeting DD2 at National Gallery too. Hope the trains run allright ☃❄️

Alea Thu 14-Jan-16 07:47:17

Good luck jane10!! And congratulations on your book.
(Would Murrays have any connection, fictitious or otherwise, with good old Jenners?)

Pittcity Thu 14-Jan-16 07:51:06

Good morning from a chilly but brightish Colchester. The rain/sleet/snow is due here later. I have soup and stew ingredients and the start of a head cold, so I may well hibernate!
Congratulate jane10 for us please thatbags flowers

annodomini Thu 14-Jan-16 07:55:23

Still dark here in Cheshire and it's raining. Have to go to Macclesfield and hope it's not snowing there.

PRINTMISS Thu 14-Jan-16 08:23:22

Good morning from a 'pinky sky' south coast. It was like this yesterday and turned into a lovely bright cold day, so hopefully we shall have another day like that, and without any rain. How on earth are those poor folk who were flooded now coping with the snow?

nannotgran Thu 14-Jan-16 08:35:08

Morning all from a bright sunny cold north essex

Juliette Thu 14-Jan-16 08:47:27

Snow over night here in N.Staffs, just enough to be a nuisance. No sunshine so hope there isn't more to come.
Enjoy your day everyone. ❄️⛄️ smile

hildajenniJ Thu 14-Jan-16 08:56:42

Hello everyone.
I'm back from house moving in Scotland! Stressful ++. Back to the usual routine now. This morning in the Tyne Valley we have snow falling, lightly at the moment, but more is promised. At last, proper winter weather.
Just going to relax and unwind today.
Have a good one everybody.

oldkranky Thu 14-Jan-16 10:29:44

Morning all from a drizzly s\yorkshire - tootled up the road on scooter for daily "out of house experience" and paper and got wet. too breezy for an umbrella.

Rhonab Thu 14-Jan-16 11:30:59

Good morning (just) from a beautiful day on the west coast of Scotland. Just been for my final (she says hopefully, if a bit doubtfully) driving lesson and my test is tomorrow ... weather dependant of course. Probably get snow and ice now and it'll be cancelled! ?
Now for a nice relaxing day!!!

harrigran Thu 14-Jan-16 11:41:43

Good morning, it is snowing and there is a thick covering. A good day for curling up with a book.

grannylyn65 Thu 14-Jan-16 12:43:44

Snow in Perth but melting atm?

wildrose Thu 14-Jan-16 14:55:27

We've had snow on Teesside but it hasn't laid thankfully. Don't want any more! Happy Thursday everyone