Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I looked out of my kitchen window

(14 Posts)
Grannyknot Mon 25-Jan-16 20:37:38

Paul Weller (from The Jam) and I sat side by side putting our shoes back on after airport security checks a few years ago. I thought "God, you're tiny !

granjura Mon 25-Jan-16 18:04:49

Gagagran, maybe nieces- it was in the late 80s- so not grand-children I'd say as they were late teens. Whatever- 2 young women.

I actually bumped into Timothy West in Leicester several times when he was performing at the old Haymarket Theatre.

Alima Mon 25-Jan-16 16:33:17

I saw Rolf Harris at Reading Station several years ago and now it is something I would like to forget!

ninathenana Mon 25-Jan-16 15:59:44

Jo is a similar shape to me. I so admire her for doing the walk. I really hope she makes it.

I sat next to Michael Caine on Victoria station many years ago.

Lynker Mon 25-Jan-16 15:30:26

She had an entourage of maybe 10 people with her. I like walking, I walked 7 miles yesterday and my legs are aching today.....I can't imagine how she is feeling. I hope she makes it.... she doesn't look as though she is a regular walker it has to be said!

My son met Prunella Scales and her husband on a canal boat holiday.

Stansgran Mon 25-Jan-16 15:22:02

I'm deer stalking behind the curtains as the four deer and mum we had last spring have become three on their own. Yesterday they were frisking about in the garden head butting each other and leaping effortlessly over hedges and fences. I'm sure Jo Brand wishes she had their grace and stamina.

annsixty Mon 25-Jan-16 15:19:01

I saw Jo Brand being interviewed on the TV about this walk she is doing. A huge undertaking at her age (and her shape).

NotTooOld Mon 25-Jan-16 15:02:47

Not much going past my kitchen window except upsettingly frequent ambulances making for the nursing home at the end of the road! (I am trying to keep cheerfull but it is January). sad

Gagagran Mon 25-Jan-16 14:24:33

Juliet is from Timothy's first marriage.

Ana Mon 25-Jan-16 13:56:53

They have one daughter - Juliet.

Gagagran Mon 25-Jan-16 13:54:48

Timothy West and Prunella Scales do not have daughters - they have two sons (Samuel West - an actor is one). Maybe they were granddaughters?

Alima Mon 25-Jan-16 13:40:34

Wonderful, were there many walking with her?

granjura Mon 25-Jan-16 13:26:31

ahaha no Jo Brand around here - it is a wild winter wonderland instead.

But at our local French train station, waiting for the TGV on a deserted platform early in the morning years ago- I heard THAT voice- and I knew straightaway who it was. Sybill- yes- Prunella and husban Timothy West and their teenage daughters. I was dying to speak to them, but they seemed so happy to be just a family, I kept stumm- with a smile on my face.

Lynker Mon 25-Jan-16 13:19:20

And saw Jo brand walking by!!

I hope that she manages to make it to Liverpool unscathed.

Go Jo!!!