Gransnet forums

Chat

Bracelet fasteners

(14 Posts)
WilmaKnickersfit Thu 11-Feb-16 14:59:40

Doh! and elastic band = an elastic band

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 11-Feb-16 14:58:48

The sellotape way works well, but you can also use and elastic band.

1. Put the elastic band on your wrist and then start to put on the bracelet.

2. Tuck the ring end into the elastic band to hold it in place.

3. Bring the clasp around and fasten the bracelet.

The elastic band needs to be a close fit on your wrist and the red ones the posties use are great! grin

grannylyn65 Thu 11-Feb-16 14:30:28

You can get necklace fasteners on ebay, they are magnetic and very easy to use, if I knew how to post a link I would do so!! Not for heavy ones though!

rubysong Thu 11-Feb-16 13:13:17

I sometimes blu tack one end to the corner of my dressing table and bring the other end to it.

Willow500 Thu 11-Feb-16 12:29:04

I have something called a bracelet fairy which I bought on line but I also saw a video on you tube on how to make one with a piece of dowling and a crocodile clip. It works but not as well as the ready made one.

Carola57 Thu 11-Feb-16 12:20:02

Like that idea sherish, may have to try that later.

Will also look into those on Amazon, thanks.

Carola57 Thu 11-Feb-16 12:18:07

Thing is Nonnie1 by the time I've done that I'm so hot and bothered that I've gone off the idea of wearing it or even worse it's upside down!

Indinana Thu 11-Feb-16 11:35:27

Should have added, I didn't buy her one because she said not to bother as she'd just keep it on all the time. Though now that her DD is growing older and grabbing it all the time, she has taken it off, so I might get one for her.

Indinana Thu 11-Feb-16 11:34:16

I was looking into a solution a while back when my DD was given a Pandora bracelet. Virtually impossible to do up single-handed. I found these online, though I didn't buy one so don't know how effective they are.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 11-Feb-16 11:23:32

I have this problem. Luckily I have one bracelet that is elasticated. So I end up wearing that all the time. The sellotape idea is a good one.

Now, necklaces??? Worse IMO!

sherish Thu 11-Feb-16 11:17:55

It is a problem. I have sometimes taped one end of the bracelet on my wrist with Sellotape to keep it in one place then brought the other end up to it. It usually works. Having a good swear helps too!

petra Thu 11-Feb-16 10:40:53

I think there are several clips on YouTube with help on this.

Nonnie1 Thu 11-Feb-16 10:29:03

This made me smile as I know exactly what you mean !
I am both right and left handed and still have trouble fastening bracelets. All I can say is try, try, and try again, and if you manage to do the bracelet up, look upon it as a fluke as you probably won't ever be able to do it again smile

Carola57 Thu 11-Feb-16 10:20:29

Anyone know how someone with only two hands is meant to do up a bracelet. I have to wait for my other half to do it who has clumsy fingers and thumbs. Would love to be able to wear all those that I've been bought as gifts but unfortunately do not know the magic secret to doing this on my own. HELP!