Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Mar-16 06:52:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light , bright but cold here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

loopylou Fri 04-Mar-16 07:03:04

Good morning Mick and everyone
It's a frosty start here in Wiltshire, lumpy ice on the car ?

Only one more day before I retire -not that I'm counting-- ! ???

ninathenana Fri 04-Mar-16 07:03:36

Morning Mick and everyone
Hope your ok this morning Mick.
The wind has finally dropped in N Kent. Sky is blue but winters showers are forecast.

Alea Fri 04-Mar-16 07:04:10

Good morning all, bright and fresh in N Bucks too.
I expect you probably have much to do Mick , thinking of you at a sad time.

PRINTMISS Fri 04-Mar-16 07:22:20

Good morning to you all, a brightish morning here, I suspect it is cold outside, but there is no frost. Bowls this afternoon, I should not have done the gardening yesterday, I ache all over! Enjoy your days.

Nana3 Fri 04-Mar-16 07:22:54

Snowing in Lancashire, the garden looks pretty as a picture.
My best wishes to everyone.

kittylester Fri 04-Mar-16 07:45:05

Good morning all.

Hope you are OK this morning, Mick and you are all getting organised.

It's bright and cold in North Leicestershire and I have to go to the butcher's this morning and then I have a library shift this afternoon.

Iam64 Fri 04-Mar-16 08:05:52

Good morning, I'm in what was Lancashire and is now north Greater Manchester, it's snowing heavily at the moment. Everywhere looks so much nicer than it did when it was grey and muddy - no doubt we'll be back to grey and even muddier soon but for now its lovely.

annsixty Fri 04-Mar-16 08:06:31

Good morning all.
Lots of snow and still coming down in Stockport.
Looks pretty but that's all. S is taking GD to Manchester for dental work and they are not going to be on time so a bit of a panic here.

NanaandGrampy Fri 04-Mar-16 08:23:02

Morning !

Blue sky and crisp in our part of Essex.

DGS4 is now covered in 'spotty dotties' ! So that's our mission today - to help his Mum out , who after over 4 weeks indoors with her chicken pox tribe must be going nuts !!

Congratulations LoopLou your retirement is going to be wonderful Im sure !!

Pittcity Fri 04-Mar-16 08:28:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester, not a cloud in the sky. Cold though!
Heavy rain passed over during the night.
Omid Djallili is in Colchester this evening, a night out for us.

Nelliemoser Fri 04-Mar-16 08:38:14

Good morning all. It's snowing lightly in Cheshire at the moment.
my gardeners are/were supposed to me coming this morning. I hope the weather does not get too bad.

hildajenniJ Fri 04-Mar-16 08:45:11

Good morning everyone.
At present we have heavy rain in the Tyne Valley, although there is some sleet amongst it. The fields are still green. I have a duvet to wash if I can get it to the launderette.
Have a good day everyone.

annsixty Fri 04-Mar-16 08:47:45

The snow is totally disrupting traffic here and one GC's school is closed so she is on her way here for the day.
We are not talking inches so how do other countries cope?
We are never prepared.

Greyduster Fri 04-Mar-16 08:52:59

Good morning Michael. My best to you.
It is horrible, cold and wet in South Yorkshire this morning, but no snow yet, and, if it is not called off, we are off to watch GS take part in the County Schools cross country finals. Have a good day, whatever you are doing.

NonnaW Fri 04-Mar-16 09:27:48

Morning all. Lovely sunny morning here in Suffolk, though very muddy underfoot on morning dog walk. Trip to garden centre coming up.

annodomini Fri 04-Mar-16 09:31:46

Good morning all. Snow here too but the road in front of my house is clear, not that I intend to go anywhere today. The garden looks so pretty under the snow that I'll be quite sorry to see it thaw.

Greyduster Fri 04-Mar-16 09:57:00

Ah well! Now we have snow and cross country cancelled!

annsixty Fri 04-Mar-16 10:11:58

My S and GD have been on the way to Manchester for an hour and 20 mins now and have missed their appt . Hospital have given them one for JUNE, GD is so upset as this was the last stage of her orthodontic treatment started 6 years ago to correct the problems caused by her cleft. She was having three veneers fitted which were going to make such a difference.?

Alea Fri 04-Mar-16 10:29:30

Really sorry to hear this annsixty. How incredibly frustrating. But hope the weather today doesn't trigger a debate on snow tyres hmm!

Tegan Fri 04-Mar-16 10:30:27

Pittcity; please let me know what you think of Omid.

Imperfect27 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:40:20

Good morning all.
Still sunny with no sign of snow in N.Kent. Out and back bright and early today, looking at a possible new place of work - always better in the sunshine!
Loopylou I don't wish my time away, but am pleased for you that you can retire - I hope you enjoy your last day and that people make a fuss of you xx

Pittcity Fri 04-Mar-16 13:14:11

Will report back tomorrow Tegan