Gransnet forums

Chat

It's been a funny weekend!

(12 Posts)
kittylester Mon 28-Mar-16 11:03:02

I posted on Good Friday that mum was fading fast and we were expecting her not to last the weekend. DD2 and I went to see her and she was sitting up in bed having told My Sil to 'shut up and S*D off!'

On the other hand, my brother was cutting a branch off a tree by putting a step ladder on the garden table. He broke some ribs when he hit the garden wall on the way down.

DH'S brother (who has really disabling arthritis) fell while his wife was out hitting his head badly, couldn't get up and had to wait until she came home!

On a lighter note, DD3 is 3 today and, when asked if she would still like to go to the farm in the rain, announced that she wanted to go to the pub instead!! tbusmile

janeainsworth Mon 28-Mar-16 11:19:54

Sounds like a girl after her grandma's heart kitty. Did you mean DD3 is 30, or DGD3 is 3??just re-read your post!
I hope all the injured ones recover, and things are peaceful for your mum flowers

kittylester Mon 28-Mar-16 11:23:40

Proof read kitty!!

DD3 is 3!! Are you casting nasturtiums Jane? tbugrin

rosesarered Mon 28-Mar-16 11:24:25

Kitty what a weekend! Amusingly told by you grin though.

rosesarered Mon 28-Mar-16 11:25:30

Have some chocolate and a large g and t.

Teetime Mon 28-Mar-16 11:27:51

Hallo kitty I hope Easter Monday is a bit quieter for you.

I have shell shock now that the Mongol hordes have left.

rosesarered Mon 28-Mar-16 11:29:12

Did they wreck and pillage Teetime ?

Synonymous Mon 28-Mar-16 11:31:45

Ooh dear kitty quite a weekend! I think you should go to the pub too!
Hope it helps that you have made quite a few folk smile. tbusmile

Grannyknot Mon 28-Mar-16 12:24:59

kitty here's another nasturtium grin I read your post as "wife was out hitting his head badly" (as in she could have done a better job) grin

Your weekend has been eventful, mine has been dead boring trapped indoors due to weather and poorly husband. At least I got the ironing done, all the darning, and have just about finished knitting a cardigan for grandson.

smile

hildajenniJ Mon 28-Mar-16 12:30:20

I love your posts kitty, you do live an interesting life. Hope everything now is peaceful, and everyone recovering well.

kittylester Mon 28-Mar-16 12:46:39

Apparently DBil is in hospital - DSiL forgot to tell her daughter that minor detail. He has low blood sugar levels.

Luckygirl Mon 28-Mar-16 12:49:46

Oh kitty - your Mum is keeping you all on tenterhooks - it must be very stressful. She sounds full of spirit though!