Gransnet forums

Chat

What falls on your chinny chin chin, or not?

(16 Posts)
sherish Mon 04-Apr-16 07:33:36

I bought a 'pasta' bib when in Italy. It's great and covers most of my front. I don't take it out to eat though. I rely on being a bit more careful. Doesn't always happen though.

suelowe Mon 04-Apr-16 00:26:49

I choose what to wear very carefully when going out for a meal ...especially if it is going to be Italian !! Something spills won't show too much on , when they inevitably occur . I also have a scarf handy to drape and dangle over " marks ".

Bellanonna Sun 03-Apr-16 22:59:08

I tend to have drips coming down the side of my coffee cup. Because I'm aware this happens I keep rubbing that side with my thumb. I also get red wine stains both sides of my mouth, like an extended smile. No idea why, but just keep wiping the corners with napkin/serviette/ don't bother if at home,

Purpledaffodil Sun 03-Apr-16 22:13:37

I remember those bibs boheminan. I also remember a childless friend being horrified when I shovelled the overspill from the bib into DS open mouth. Waste not want not. grin

boheminan Sat 02-Apr-16 22:04:03

I think I should wear one of those 'Tommy Tipper'(?) plastic bibs (Pelican bibs - remember them?) whenever I eat. I don't know how or why but whenever I've finished eating I always find a layer of crumbs/potatoes/bits of cake, or whatever in little heaps on the floor around me. I don't remember dropping anything, afater all my table manners are - impeccable....how can this happen? must be them rotten food elves

morethan2 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:51:03

Why does it happen more as we get older? Does anyone know. I also feel really embarrassed when I can't find my keys. I feel like a real dither. It also takes me longer to pack my shopping. It makes me feel as if I'm being 'tutted" at.

tiredoldwoman Sat 02-Apr-16 10:09:39

I had yummy yummy red cabbage last night , I gobbled it up like the village pig. Got a fright later on when I looked in the mirror, dribbles of purple down my chin(s) !
Having more today !! grunt grunt .

Nannanoo Sat 02-Apr-16 10:04:48

I always find cracker crumbs lurking in my bra! confused

annodomini Sat 02-Apr-16 00:21:08

Same here, Nellie - just found a bit of cracker down my bra. shock

Nelliemoser Fri 01-Apr-16 23:47:23

Food I spill seems to get on my boobs rather than my chin. I do not have a receeding chin or particularly big boobs.

NanaandGrampy Fri 01-Apr-16 08:57:46

oh I'm a 'spiller' as was my Mum and my Gran. Its the boobs fault...they make sure a convenient shelf !

Teetime Fri 01-Apr-16 08:52:41

Its drinks with me I am always sloshing a drink over my face.

Imperfect27 Fri 01-Apr-16 08:37:17

I am quite a slow eater - either that, or I do a lot of talking when we are out to dinner with others grin. I hate playing catch up and everyone waiting on me. I have tried to hold back on the conversation front and / or ask open questions and shovel away while others have to give more than a monosyllabic answer, but I am still usually last.

M0nica Fri 01-Apr-16 08:09:53

My family regularly draw my attention to the fact that there is food on my face. They are puzzled that I cannot feel that it is there as they say they can. I assume that the nerve ends in the skin around my mouth are not particularly sensitive.

Coolgran65 Fri 01-Apr-16 05:19:19

Going out for dinner I often take a spare top with me. My boob area is a convenient target area for gravy or sauce mishaps. Known in the family as .... done a coolgran.....

MrsPickle Fri 01-Apr-16 00:59:32

I find it amazing, despite my allegedly big mouth, that I can miss it on so many occasions! Whilst I can feel a gram of food falling on my er... belly, how can I miss a smear of gravy on my chinny chin chinny?
So embarrassing to find a blob of food in your nether regions, yet even more to find others motioning you've got a smear in the corner of your mouth.... or on your nose.
What else do you find embarrassing?
I might feel better if I know!!