Gransnet forums

Chat

loving life at the moment

(23 Posts)
Barmyoldbat Sat 23-Apr-16 12:39:46

I am with you on this Narrowboatnan, when it's a bright day nothing gets done except putting the washing on and doing the dishes. Far to nice to bother with housework, mind you when it's a nasty day I curl up with a book. But found a solution to not doing much housework, have friends around for a meal and there is a mad dash to clean.

rubylady Fri 22-Apr-16 11:12:53

I've had a busy few days. I ordered my new car, Fiat 500L in white, (to come very soon), took advantage of the weather and washed the bedding, had occupational therapy round for an assessment, phoning solicitors etc (again), had a new boiler fitted and got some storage boxes for moving stuff out of sideboard to get rid of sideboard and fit in a mobiliry scooter. Now waiting today for a Hermes delivery of the dog's new car seat to keep her safe in the new car and so she can look out of the window. grin

M0nica Thu 21-Apr-16 20:17:06

After a miserable winter when I was recovering from a bad fall and DH was really quite ill, we went to our house in France for 10 days over Easter and did very little except eat out regularly.

We have both come back feeling so much better. I have been out in the garden cutting the grass and doing other gardening. I have returned to my daily walks, without my back aching and DH went swimming for the first time since Christmas

It is so nice to be back to normal and get back to our usual activities after three months when even every movement was painful or exhausting.

rosesarered Wed 20-Apr-16 23:55:57

Had a similar day to you thingamajig including the ice cream! so lovely and warm too, just what we all need.
Auntieflo ? At least you can sit in the garden though.

Auntieflo Wed 20-Apr-16 22:16:46

Just read the OP, and thought that it was tongue in cheek, and any minute she was going to say, " and then I woke up" I would have done quite a bit of those things a few years ago, but since a heart attack, pneumonia and a recent knee replacement, my get up and go, has got up and gone west.

Thingmajig Wed 20-Apr-16 19:18:31

I had an unexpected lovely day today too. Husband is off down to Liverpool for the football tonight so I was already looking forward to a wee day to myself. smile
However I was no sooner back from seeing him off on the train when DD, SiL and DGD turned up at the door asking me to go out for the day with them.
Lovely weather, sun shining and even a bit warm as we had an outdoor snack lunch and then a walk in the forest, ending off with ice cream all round. DGD a complete joy as usual of course!
Brilliant day and better than housework any day!!! grin

Tessa101 Wed 20-Apr-16 18:08:14

Oh I love days like that, feel so chuffed that you've got so much done. I have a list and love working my way threw it. Sunny days make us all feel better and make you want to do more. Well done you.

MadMaisie Wed 20-Apr-16 15:54:08

So lovely to see some sunshine and feel some warmth. I suppose I love life all the time - after all, it's the only one I have so I need to make the most of it.

tigger Wed 20-Apr-16 15:47:57

Think you need to bottle this enthusiasm and then sell it to me.

grannyactivist Wed 20-Apr-16 15:26:07

I'm really, really tired and it's my own fault for staying up late. I've been really busy just lately and I have had very little time to myself; last night my husband and our lodger were both away and so I stayed up late after an evening meeting just to have a bit of time on my own. I've paid for it today though by being too listless to make the most of the day.

inishowen Wed 20-Apr-16 14:57:10

I too have had a lovely morning. The sun is shining and DH suggested we went to a small town nearby. We started off visiting the charity shops and I got a brand new coat for my granddaughter. Then we went for a delicious breakfast in our favourite cafe, then went and bought some wool in the wool shop. Then to the butchers and got enough food to do us for three days. On the way home I had to go to Tesco for cat food and a paper. Now DH has gone out and I'm happily reading gransnet! I have to do some sort of housework to justify all this sitting around!

narrowboatnan Wed 20-Apr-16 12:17:00

I must be suffering from 'Lazy Cow Syndrome' cos I'm just sitting on my backside in the sun reading about all your activities! I could get up and give the boat a sweep and a mop through, I suppose. But the mucky floor will still be there waiting for me when the sun has gone away - which, according to the forecast will be tomorrow. All your washing and cleaning activities have made me feel quite worn out wink

annifrance Wed 20-Apr-16 10:58:10

Living in France with OH and visiting my children and grandchildren, plus my close friends.

Irenelily Wed 20-Apr-16 10:52:25

My family, four children and their families make me love life. I brought them up alone for 18 years and I feel pride when they are doing well and listen and encourage when there are problems. They don't live really near but I know if their stepdad or I needed help, it would come. Just thinking about them all gives me a glow and a "glad to be alive" feeling!

MiniMouse Tue 19-Apr-16 22:11:04

You're right Luckygirl - I'm feeling very inadequate now!

Luckygirl Tue 19-Apr-16 21:33:39

Whew! - all these superwomen!

Grannyknot Tue 19-Apr-16 20:54:19

carerof123 good for you and what a refreshing post.

Yep I'm also enjoying life at the moment grin

obieone Tue 19-Apr-16 20:48:09

Same as others.
I have worked out that if I go to bed about 1 hour earlier, I wake up and get out at least on hour earlier, and that I work very well early in the morning. Hence I get more work done that way. This time of year is great.

Jalima Tue 19-Apr-16 20:23:54

Oh!! the sheets have been washed (after the visitors) and out on the line but not back on the bed yet.
However, I have done some cleaning too.
Hope for more sunshine tomorrow

Stansgran Tue 19-Apr-16 20:18:48

I know what you mean. I had sheets off the bed,washed,on the line and back on the bed all in one day! Snuggling down in sheets smelling of fresh air. Delicious.
And I've emptied the linen basket. Feel like Mrs Tiggywinkle.

glammanana Tue 19-Apr-16 15:47:29

Who wouldn't feel contented with the sun shining as it has been for the past few days,even going to the dentist for an extraction this morning has not dampened my mood,I am now thinking of reading my book for an hour before tea-time and catch the last of the sunshinesunshine enjoys ladies xx

GrannyPiggy Tue 19-Apr-16 15:42:29

Yes I'm with you
Must be the longer days and sunshine
Even my desk is looking emptier as I sort through the mountain of paperwork
Somehow it isn't so daunting if you know in an hour or so you can get back outside X

carerof123 Tue 19-Apr-16 15:30:27

I am doing just that!!! I am playing catch up after a hectic weekend with my bowls club so yesterday the washing line was full and the house got vacuumed and dusted.

Today i was up like a lark to welcome another new day.After my morning cuppa or two or three, i was off down the road to collect my newspaper from the local shop then home to spend a couple of hours in the beautiful sunshine in my front garden weeding and generally giving it a tidy up.

Then i thought i had better do some household chores so blitzed my bathroom and kitchen. Then i have made a tasty quiche for tea tonight, then back out in warm sunshine to work in my greenhouse and back garden. Now going to put the kettle on for a cuppa and a sit down . Feeling contented with all i have achieved the last few days.

Anyone else had a busy time lately but loving it and the sense of purpose it gives???